Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Let me show you my Pokemans.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2016, 03:50:59 PM
Great.

Reading this thread, right now, we worse than the crotch of Satan.  :lol:

Heh, here on the rural coast it's still pleasant, with a constant breeze off the ocean.  If Fromtia lives either in a city or inland (or, worst of all, an inland city like Orlando) it's probably pretty miserable right now; and it's only going to get worse.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Massive, near-apocalyptic thunderstorm here last night.  Lost power for most of the night.  Awoke and surveyed my demesne, and found I'd lost a big birch tree... it nearly flattened by AC outside unit when it came down. :ph34r:

Shit ton of branches down all over the property too.  One other tree split but I think it belongs to the neighbor.  Dude is like Flanders and does nonstop yard work, so if it's his it will be all cleaned up by the time I get home from work.

I also have two sets of lights in the master bath that aren't working.  Oddly the third set of lights on the same switch does work. :hmm:  Hopefully it's just a GFCI tripped someplace weird.  There is a GFCI in that bathroom and I reset it, and no dice... it powers the sockets in there and they're working.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2016, 09:25:07 AM
Massive, near-apocalyptic thunderstorm here last night.  Lost power for most of the night.  Awoke and surveyed my demesne, and found I'd lost a big birch tree... it nearly flattened by AC outside unit when it came down. :ph34r:
I just thought of a solution to the birch tree problem.  I have a ZTR with a tow hitch.  Tie a rope around the tree and then thru the tow hitch, and drag the trunk down the hill and throw it in the creek.

I am: genious. :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2016, 02:58:21 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2016, 09:25:07 AM
I just thought of a solution to the birch tree problem.  I have a ZTR with a tow hitch.  Tie a rope around the tree and then thru the tow hitch, and drag the trunk down the hill and throw it in the creek.

I am: genious. :cool:

What could Possibly go wrong?

(drops gun barrel on foot)  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

MAH BRIGGS AND STRATTON

mongers

Very odd weather in Blighty at the moment, 79F in my little office, 76F outside at 1.30 am, with a strong, bone dry breeze blowing in from the continent.   :hmm:

Ed Anger

The Heat Dome of Doom has settled in. Saturday and Sunday forecast: 98F

Yay. :yuk:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2016, 08:53:34 PM

If I were to go on a shooting spree, it would be in the Pacific Northwest.

mongers

Damn.  :(

KRonn

In Massachusetts and the rest of New England we're supposed to get a nasty heat wave from that same effect beginning Thursday/Friday through about Sunday. It was also very hot/humid here over the weekend and Monday but cooled off quite a bit yesterday and last night. It was actually pretty cool which was a surprise after all the heat. But it is summer so no surprise. Biggest issue is the lack of rain and much of the region is in some stage of drought.

Ed Anger

It was horrible today.  :yuk:

I had to be in Dayton and it was extra sucky. Fucking cities.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2016, 08:58:03 PM

If I were to go on a shooting spree, it would be in the Pacific Northwest.

Liep

3 straight day of sun and temperatures above 25C. Summer has arrived and forecasts says it'll stay at least another 2 days before we're back to 15-20C with a continual chance of rain. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

It's only been 90 F (32 C) here for the past week.  Come to Florida for the refreshing summer weather.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock