News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

At home,  roads a lot better,  I don't expect having to rescue anyone else, so I can play on the ps3 all day.
Last night I drove up a "closed" hill, there was about 10-15 cars huddled together on one side/ditch, like they were embracing each other, or warming up like penguins. It was so sweet.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

East Tyrol and Carinthia have had 5 feet of snow in the last two or three days, and there'll be another 3 feet for them. Many roads are closed, rail traffic is severely affected, and they're at the highest avalanche threat level.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

The mountains to the west of Laramie are at 123% of snowfall moisture, Wyoming is successfully stealing all of California's water in 2013-2014.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: PDH on February 01, 2014, 11:13:03 PM
The mountains to the west of Laramie are at 123% of snowfall moisture, Wyoming is successfully stealing all of California's water in 2013-2014.
Just so you are prepared for the mass exodus headed your way.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

I know from Garbon that they will head through and out of Wyoming along the interstate at about 90 mph.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2014, 11:13:45 PM

They are more likely to head to the Seattle paradise...except they're low on rainfall/snowpack as well.

garbon

Quote from: PDH on February 01, 2014, 11:15:21 PM
I know from Garbon that they will head through and out of Wyoming along the interstate at about 90 mph.

:angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

What a lovely time for me to choose to drive back from MA...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

I spent a part of Sunday chipping ice off of my pathway and drive. I also did the neighbour's, as I quite like her, she is elderly, and she's been ill with cancer.

This winter has been the worst for heavy ice build up that I can remember.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2014, 11:13:45 PM

Many Californians would die of thirst before moving into flyover country.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Ugh. Winter Storm Warning. 6-10 inches expected. Blah.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

We've gotten so much snow this year that even Meri has stopped spazzing.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2014, 09:58:47 PM

What little we have gotten melted today. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Roads were actually pretty go tonight. :)

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2014, 09:58:47 PM

We get another 5-7" tomorrow!! :w00t:

And since I'm home sick, I even get to enjoy it instead of having to deal with the idiots on the road. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...