And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

There are active wildfires all over the place in California right now, so I presume from those.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2013, 04:31:59 PM
There are active wildfires all over the place in California right now, so I presume from those.

That or the Jewish population in the southwest just tooka big hit :(.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Looks like your average Doomidity haze to me.

MadImmortalMan

Yes this particular round of smoke is from a fire burning in the north rim of Yosemite. We've had smoke for most of the last two weeks as well from the American Fire, which seems to be burning forever. It wasn't nearly this bad until the Yosemite fire though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

The heat and humidity, it's back :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Yep, Doomtitty returned to Ohio.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

We has smoke like that in the Laramie Valley last year with the Colorado wildfires.  One day this huge orange/brown cloud of smoke just blew in and it was hell for many days after that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Yay, my Jeep curse can't last forever!

QuoteThe Farmers Almanac is calling for cold and snow to dominate the eastern two-thirds of the country this winter, ending what has been a stretch of relative snow drought.

In the mid-Atlantic, however, the forecast left it up in the air whether precipitation will fall largely in the form of rain or snow. The forecast says to expect "copious" amounts of either.

The biggest concern for snow in these parts lies in the first 10 days of February, the forecast suggests -- including the Feb. 2 Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey's Meadowlands.

"But even if we are off by a day or two with the timing of copious wind, rain, and snow, we wish to stress that this particular part of the winter season will be particularly volatile and especially turbulent," the almanac adds as a caveat.

Baltimore has yet to see even average snowfall levels since the record-setting 77 inches that fell in winter 2009-2010. Last winter, 8 inches fell, four times as much as the 1.8 inches of the previous winter but well below the norm of about 18-20 inches.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Eat me.  Global warming's gotta kick in the snow sometime, dammit. 

merithyn

You know, it's not the heat that really bothers me. It's the back-and-forth between 100F/35C temps outside and the 65F/17C temps inside that kill me. My sinuses are a mess, and now I'm crabby. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Good, we need more snow this winter. The rivers needs replenishing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2013, 06:18:54 AM
Yay, my Jeep curse can't last forever!

QuoteThe Farmers Almanac is calling for cold and snow to dominate the eastern two-thirds of the country this winter, ending what has been a stretch of relative snow drought.

In the mid-Atlantic, however, the forecast left it up in the air whether precipitation will fall largely in the form of rain or snow. The forecast says to expect "copious" amounts of either.

The biggest concern for snow in these parts lies in the first 10 days of February, the forecast suggests -- including the Feb. 2 Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey's Meadowlands.

"But even if we are off by a day or two with the timing of copious wind, rain, and snow, we wish to stress that this particular part of the winter season will be particularly volatile and especially turbulent," the almanac adds as a caveat.

Baltimore has yet to see even average snowfall levels since the record-setting 77 inches that fell in winter 2009-2010. Last winter, 8 inches fell, four times as much as the 1.8 inches of the previous winter but well below the norm of about 18-20 inches.

:w00t: :yeah: :w00t: :yeah: :w00t:

:Canuck: :uffda:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...