News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

It was 43 degrees here this morning.  I know it will warm up into the 70s later, but that was a bit chilly.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

So our office building had an emergency water shutdown on Monday.  I don't know all the details, but I gather there was a water main break, which led to sand coming into our water system.

This has caused a bunch of bathrooms and sinks to be shut down in my office building, up to today.  Apparently this sand also majorly fouled our cooling system.

Why am I posting this in the Weather thread?  Because today's projected high is 29C <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Hints yesterday that Autumn is thinking of putting in an appearance.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Yeah, it's been positively early-fall the last three days here.  All my windows have been open 24/7.  Unfortunately, so have the Watusi tribe's windows downstairs as well.

CountDeMoney

Whelp, after almost a week of leaving the windows open, looks like Doomidity is returning today.  The AC appreciated the break, though.

crazy canuck

Very pleasant days in the mid to low 20s.  After so much time without rain its hard to believe this is Vancouver.

MadImmortalMan

Smoke is everywhere. It's blocking out the sun. Like living in Mordor.  :cthulu:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Malthus

The weather here has been perfect.  :)

Last two weeks of August into early September = best time to be in Ontario.  :D

In fact, it's the only time the weather here is generally good.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  According to the extended outlook, it won't be hitting 100 anymore this year.  Alrighty then.

CountDeMoney

I never trust that bullshit.  There's always one last oppressive 72-hour pop over the 95 degree mark in September that will invariably piss me off.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2013, 11:03:26 AM
I never trust that bullshit.  There's always one last oppressive 72-hour pop over the 95 degree mark in September that will invariably piss me off.

I remember the goddamned heat wave we had in early October on my nephew's first birthday (2007-ish).  None of us could stand to be outside for more than 5 minutes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2013, 11:16:49 AM

I remember the goddamned heat wave we had in early October on my nephew's first birthday (2007-ish).  None of us could stand to be outside for more than 5 minutes.

Yeah, fucking October, too.  When I bought this place in '97, I scheduled the move-in date for the 3d week of October, figured it'd be a nice temperate weekend.  It was 90 degrees that day.  That and hauling the 36" Toshiba tube TV up t3 flights of stairs almost killed my poor Dad.

MadBurgerMaker

True.  There will probably be one of those randomly super hot 109 type days in the middle of September.