News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Story about a bunch of people playing the world's longest hockey game (252 hours) in temperatures that have gone down to -40.  They do it to raise money for cancer research.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/longest-hockey-game-alberta-cold-1.5911917

Apparently a -40c puck shatters if it hits the goal post.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

You know, I don't really mind missing those temperatures.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2021, 04:11:24 PM
Story about a bunch of people playing the world's longest hockey game (252 hours) in temperatures that have gone down to -40.  They do it to raise money for cancer research.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/longest-hockey-game-alberta-cold-1.5911917

What about a -40F puck?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on February 12, 2021, 04:47:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2021, 04:11:24 PM

What about a -40F puck?

I see what you did there... <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

There is SNOW and it is NOT on the mountains.  Terror will strike the heart of Vancouverites.

Maladict

It's amazing how a few days of snow and ice can make the entire country noticeably happier.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on February 13, 2021, 02:04:55 PM
It's amazing how a few days of snow and ice can make the entire country noticeably happier.

But Spring is Definitely just around the corner, tomorrow in fact, here I've called it.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on February 13, 2021, 02:07:53 PM
Quote from: Maladict on February 13, 2021, 02:04:55 PM

But Spring is Definitely just around the corner, tomorrow in fact, here I've called it.  :bowler:

Normally that would be a good thing, but I think we could have done with another week or two of this.

Razgovory

Man, it's cold here.  Snowing as well.  Won't be able to go the store today.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

This is the worst February I can remember.  Endless cold. Looks like a bit of a break next weekend.

Tonitrus

I am sure that somewhere, there is a right-winger saying that this weather proves global warming is a hoax.

Caliga

This weather sucks.  We've actually had snow and ice on the ground for like a week now, which is pretty much unheard of here, and more is coming this week.  It won't really get above freezing till next weekend.

People, I need you to go out and drive gas guzzlers and get on flights and stuff, even if you're just doing donuts in Wal-Mart's parking lot.  We need more global warming. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I cannot recall this many consecutive days with a high below freezing. Going to snow tonight...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

It's been a bit chilly of late, but the mild and rainy weather is returning.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"