News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

28-29-30 ° around here today and tomorrow. I would have preferred it on a weekend but it will have to do.

Barrister

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2018, 09:49:19 AM
Vienna sets a new record for summer days (temps over 25°C): 108 so far, with more to come (we're getting 29/30 degrees tomorrow and Thursday).

Wow, that sounds like the hot summer weather in the US south and southwest! 

Syt

Yup, I expect I might be able to wear shorts on my birthday (8th October); happened once before. We drop to 23 over the weekend, but may hit 27/28 again Monday and Tuesday. That said, the nights stay fresh, under 20 degrees, now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: KRonn on September 12, 2018, 08:12:30 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2018, 09:49:19 AM
Vienna sets a new record for summer days (temps over 25°C): 108 so far, with more to come (we're getting 29/30 degrees tomorrow and Thursday).

Wow, that sounds like the hot summer weather in the US south and southwest!

Nah, 25C is only 77F, you're lucky to get that at 6 in the morning in Texas.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

It is snowing :weep:  No real accumulations, but snow is in the air.

Valmy

The storms in the gulf are making it rain continuously here in central Texas. I mean sure this might eventually mean the gulf communities get destroyed by a storm again but this is really screwing with the Little League baseball season :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 13, 2018, 12:35:56 AM
Nah, 25C is only 77F, you're lucky to get that at 6 in the morning in Texas.

Because of the rain it is getting down to the low 20s sometimes and man does that feel cold these days :lol:

It feels like a sauna otherwise, with all the added humidity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I got my first autumn cold. From 3pm to 11pm yesterday, I sneeze so much that it started to hurt. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2018, 09:18:19 AM
I got my first autumn cold. From 3pm to 11pm yesterday, I sneeze so much that it started to hurt. :(

I sympathize. I'm sick as a dog, got no sleep the other night because my body turned into a factory for making snot and viruses.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on September 13, 2018, 12:45:59 AM
It is snowing :weep:  No real accumulations, but snow is in the air.

In the morning there's about 1cm on the ground. :weep:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2018, 09:16:52 AM
The storms in the gulf are making it rain continuously here in central Texas. I mean sure this might eventually mean the gulf communities get destroyed by a storm again but this is really screwing with the Little League baseball season :weep:

But great for the always-struggling Texas aquifers though, right?  :P

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2018, 09:16:52 AM

Little league baseball???

Why aren't your kids in hockey evaluations like normal kids this time of year!

crazy canuck

Probably because it is the time of year for basketball pre season camps.

@ Valmy, the world little league championships were just held - do American kids play year round?  That would explain the extreme difference in skill levels with Canadian kids.

Valmy

There are two seasons: the regular season in the Spring/Summer and Fall Ball in September/October which is normally a bit shorter.