Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on October 25, 2018, 09:41:37 AM
Red sky at night, sailor's delight!

Wonderful colours in those sunsets.

Beautiful pics indeed! Nice ones Mongers.  :)

Red sky in morning, sailor take warning!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2018, 07:16:03 PM
Tonight we go under 0C/32F for the first time this fall. Too cold for Texans.

Isn't it great though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 13, 2018, 11:39:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2018, 07:16:03 PM
Tonight we go under 0C/32F for the first time this fall. Too cold for Texans.

Isn't it great though.

Sure. It was nice to get out the ice scrapper and put it to work on my windshield. Poor thing just sits there neglected most of the year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Wow, I didn't know that was a product that got marketed in Texas.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 15, 2018, 10:24:22 AM
Wow, I didn't know that was a product that got marketed in Texas.

Let's just say they are not big sellers until there is a freeze coming...then they are impossible to find :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

It's snowing here for the first time this season (though we got some freezing rain last night).  This is VERY early for the first snowfall for us.  We often don't get any snow till late December or even January.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

My impression of Texas winter precip is that when it comes, it's usually sleet.

Eddie Teach

I think it's usually just rain here. It only gets down around zero a handful of times per year.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Holy shit, didn't realize it was this bad. :(

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/fires-in-california-camp-woolsey-paradise-wildfire-evacuations-death-toll-map-2018-11-15-latest/

QuoteAuthorities said late Thursday the death toll from the Camp Fire has risen to 63, bringing the statewide count to 66. In addition, more than 600 people have been reported missing, according to the Butte County sheriff's office.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Agreed Tim, huge damage. Whole town of Paradise destroyed in the northern Camp Fire. Lots of lives lost, waiting to see the final count as many are missing. Hopefully those missing are mostly people who fled the area and haven't yet checked in or been accounted for but are ok. In the Woolsey Fire it's close to LA and hit Malibu pretty hard. I didn't realize a fire was so close to that area.

KRonn

We got our first snow of the season. Only about 3 inches where I am, and it turned to rain. So mostly a wet dusting. Western Mass and northern New England got more snow, as did NY, NJ and Connecticut. Some horrendous commutes in NY, NJ apparently.
Temps here have been above freezing so much of it is melting which is good because I still have leaves to clean up. Maybe more snow mid week.

Valmy

I had to get out the ice scrapper for about the fourth or fifth time in the morning this season. I cannot remember ever using it so often before winter has even officially started. Lots of freezing nights in the past month. But we had early winter weather last year as well. I wonder if this is another effect of our late rainy season we seem to be having now :hmm:

mongers

We've had about two weeks of gloriously wet, somewhat mild weather here; the spring and Autumn rains we didn't get earlier in the year; more please.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Just been a bit cold here, teens over night and 30sF (0-5C) during the day. Not too bad; it'll get a lot colder later in the season.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on December 12, 2018, 07:38:38 AM
Just been a bit cold here, teens over night and 30sF (0-5C) during the day. Not too bad; it'll get a lot colder later in the season.

:(

Over here that weather would be portrayed by the newspapers as the end of civilization.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"