Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 23, 2016, 05:59:42 PM
Too hot :weep:

Really, I thought it was pretty nice in England today, you 'elsewhere'?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on August 23, 2016, 06:10:19 PM

London. Unpleasantly hot today very high twenties, low 30s. Sticky. Busy :x <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Monique Ming Laven says 77 and gorgeous in western Washington. Suck it bitches.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 23, 2016, 06:22:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 23, 2016, 06:10:19 PM

London. Unpleasantly hot today very high twenties, low 30s. Sticky. Busy :x <_<

Yeah the metropolis seems to add a good 3-4C to daytime temperatures and the nights are worse.

Here I had do a trip on the bike and though it was a sunny 4pm and 80-82F for the whole journey, because it wasn't too humid it wasn't that bad.  :)

garbon

Today was perfectly fine.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2016, 06:27:07 PM
Today was perfectly fine.
Admittedly I am in new shoes that I think may not be pinching because they're too small and may actually just be too small. I think this is what it's like to have gout.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Tomorrow and Thursday are where it is supposed to he unpleasant. Thankfully I'm airlifting away to the cooler climes of Edinburgh on Thursday morning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 23, 2016, 06:23:19 PM
Monique Ming Laven says 77 and gorgeous in western Washington. Suck it bitches.

Yes, let's suck it.  Let's suck it, indeed.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Apparently 2016 has been the 47th best summer since 1920 but only because of the above average temperature, in sunshine hours it comes in 62nd.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

My tube station thinks we are descending into hell today. There was a table of plastic cups full of water for passengers. :hmm:

I've very worried today will lead to me encountering the most dreadful Tube occurrence - the shirtless man.

mongers

110F in the direct sunlight here at the moment.  :cool:

garbon

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2016, 06:30:05 PM
Tomorrow and Thursday are where it is supposed to he unpleasant. Thankfully I'm airlifting away to the cooler climes of Edinburgh on Thursday morning.

As I sit in my sweat lodge, tomorrow morning cannot come soon enough. -_-

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".