News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2023, 10:00:11 AMSure but at same time - the mid-60s we are having right now feels a bit too much of an over correction.
Also just so grey and wet all the time. I'd be fine without the heat but the lack of sun is getting to me a bit :( <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2023, 10:05:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2023, 10:00:11 AMSure but at same time - the mid-60s we are having right now feels a bit too much of an over correction.
Also just so grey and wet all the time. I'd be fine without the heat but the lack of sun is getting to me a bit :( <_<

We've had 10 days now of 15 degrees and sun here in the south of Iceland. It's getting to be a bit too much honestly.  :(
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2023, 10:03:37 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2023, 06:19:15 AMAgain not a pro-climate change post - but where is summer? :weep: :bleeding:

Damn time for Europe to notice it lies way north.

The British Isles, Europe?  :P
No continental weather over there.  :D

Actually, that's a blessing in this time of the year.

Jacob

We're having a nice sunny streak in Vancouver right now... which would be okay if the traditionally rainy spring had not also consisted of a nice sunny streak. So we have a drought now.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on July 14, 2023, 10:21:45 AMWe're having a nice sunny streak in Vancouver right now... which would be okay if the traditionally rainy spring had not also consisted of a nice sunny streak. So we have a drought now.

Been that way for at least half a decade.  We are turning into the new Golden State as our rain forest climate turns into something else.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2023, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2023, 06:19:15 AMAgain not a pro-climate change post - but where is summer? :weep: :bleeding:

Indeed.

I'm impressed by the Italian met offices commitment to getting the message across, by naming this heatwave Cerberus and the next one Charon.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2023, 11:40:34 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2023, 10:19:52 AM

Indeed.

I'm impressed by the Italian met offices commitment to getting the message across, by naming this heatwave Cerberus and the next one Charon.   :D

Damn, we are about to cross the Styx, if not already done so.  :D

viper37

This happened in Quebec city this week, July 13th:

Got a closer view of the building where it fell:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Looks like that one had more than 1.21 gigawatts.

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 16, 2023, 03:07:06 PMLooks like that one had more than 1.21 gigawatts.
Marty's going straight to the 24th century with that one.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2023, 11:40:34 AMI'm impressed by the Italian met offices commitment to getting the message across, by naming this heatwave Cerberus and the next one Charon.
They did good by naming the next one right away.  Otherwise, simply naming the current one Cerberus could have created some confusion for Mass Effect fans.  :sleep:

Still appropriate for our future Earth though:

Admiral Yi

Brutal week here.  Every day in the 90s.  I checked the bank sign last night and it was 87 at 11 PM.

The supermercado was handing out free water bottles.

The Brain

After a very dry early summer, July here in Sweden has been pleasantly cool with regular rain, and sun in between. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

The constant rain is maybe breaking and we are getting something like a summer this weekend.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on July 30, 2023, 11:13:53 AMThe constant rain is maybe breaking and we are getting something like a summer this weekend.
It's going to fall to 16 degrees in London this week :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!