Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Furious at how shit the weather is (and is forecast to remain) :weep: :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 08, 2023, 08:07:42 AMFurious at how shit the weather is (and is forecast to remain) :weep: :ultra:

You want wall-to-wall climate change weather instead?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

The city was flooded on Thursday. Worst one I remember.

Spent the last few days trying to salvage the shit I had in storage. There's still water in the parking floor and quite a few units.

Still, it could have been worse. One of the newest schools was pretty much obliterated, only a few hours after kids went home (school is off but there are summer activities there).

mongers

Quote from: Iormlund on July 09, 2023, 05:42:18 AMThe city was flooded on Thursday. Worst one I remember.

Spent the last few days trying to salvage the shit I had in storage. There's still water in the parking floor and quite a few units.

Still, it could have been worse. One of the newest schools was pretty much obliterated, only a few hours after kids went home (school is off but there are summer activities there).

I hope you didn't loose too much stuff. :(

I was flooded in 1999, and even a few 10s cm can cause a  lot of damage and inconvenience.

Savonarola

Sahara dust cloud is on its way here:

Though it's supposed to be nowhere near as bad as 2020 (and the dry air stops hurricanes from forming.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on July 08, 2023, 05:13:31 PMYou want wall-to-wall climate change weather instead?  :hmm:
I don't think wanting July to be sunny and warm not rainy and cold is wanting wall-to-wall climate change weather :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 09, 2023, 12:15:09 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 08, 2023, 05:13:31 PMYou want wall-to-wall climate change weather instead?  :hmm:
I don't think wanting July to be sunny and warm not rainy and cold is wanting wall-to-wall climate change weather :P

Depends where. Say, the Hiberno-British archipelago.  :P

crazy canuck

A heat wave on land is one thing.  And now we have having ocean heat waves. 

Sheilbh

Again not a pro-climate change post - but where is summer? :weep: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Just South of you.

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2023, 06:19:15 AMAgain not a pro-climate change post - but where is summer? :weep: :bleeding:

You can have ours. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2023, 06:19:15 AMAgain not a pro-climate change post - but where is summer? :weep: :bleeding:

I was in May and June; you missed the early worm. :bowler:

Valmy

This summer is brutal. Too damn hot even for Texans. So was last year, but at least it showed up a bit late this year.

You can stop by if suffering brutal soul draining heat every day for weeks on end is something you want to experience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2023, 09:50:39 AM

This summer is brutal. Too damn hot even for Texans. So was last year, but at least it showed up a bit late this year.

You can stop by if suffering brutal soul draining heat every day for weeks on end is something you want to experience.

Sure but at same time - the mid-60s we are having right now feels a bit too much of an over correction.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Damn time for Europe to notice it lies way north.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.