News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2023, 02:12:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2023, 01:57:56 PMI don't know. A wall big enough to block all the impacts of climate change seems like a pretty formidable engineering project.
As an added benefit, it will keep Canadians out.  :cool:

The Canadian NHL teams might finally have a chance if none of their players can play for Florida teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2023, 01:57:56 PMI don't know. A wall big enough to block all the impacts of climate change seems like a pretty formidable engineering project.

I assumed that it would be a symbolic and ineffective wall.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2023, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2023, 02:12:54 PM
As an added benefit, it will keep Canadians out.  :cool:

The Canadian NHL teams might finally have a chance if none of their players can play for Florida teams.
The good teams are in the West, and Vegas walked over 2 of them.

See, there's an interesting coincidence.  Two of Quebec's most popular singer are Céline Dion and Ginette Reno.

Céline stops singing in Vegas, the Knights gets close to the Cup.

[https://youtu.be/UBxTsJ1XiqM?t=22]Ginette stops singing[/url] at the Bell Center and the Habs stop winning.

That can't be a coincidence here. :ph34r:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Speaking of Weather WTF - woke up to, and drove into work, in a thunderstorm.

THunderstorms are fairly common on the priaries, but first thing in the morning?  That's just freaky.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Bit of a heatwave and high humidity going on in Vienna. Temps in inner city don't drop much during night anyways, and my building's courtyard retains even more. Terrible night after having the temp inside/outside not drop below 25°C with short showers adding to reach a 80-90% humidity. A restful sleep was not had.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2023, 12:35:27 AMBit of a heatwave and high humidity going on in Vienna. Temps in inner city don't drop much during night anyways, and my building's courtyard retains even more. Terrible night after having the temp inside/outside not drop below 25°C with short showers adding to reach a 80-90% humidity. A restful sleep was not had.

:hug:

Not nice and look onthe bright-side it's only mid-June :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

After such a hot May and early June, the last few days have brought much needed rain and cool temperatures.  It's been great - I can sleep so much better.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on June 21, 2023, 07:29:37 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2023, 12:35:27 AMBit of a heatwave and high humidity going on in Vienna. Temps in inner city don't drop much during night anyways, and my building's courtyard retains even more. Terrible night after having the temp inside/outside not drop below 25°C with short showers adding to reach a 80-90% humidity. A restful sleep was not had.

:hug:

Not nice and look onthe bright-side it's only mid-June :D

At last, British weather > "Continental" weather!

:D

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2023, 08:50:50 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 21, 2023, 07:29:37 AMNot nice and look onthe bright-side it's only mid-June :D
÷
At last, British weather > "Continental" weather!

:D

:bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2023, 10:10:43 AMAfter such a hot May and early June, the last few days have brought much needed rain and cool temperatures.  It's been great - I can sleep so much better.
Beeb, I'm curious what you consider 'hot' temperatures to be.  I'm also curious what you consider 'cold' to be.  I bet our personal measures are a lot different. :hmm:

I was in South Carolina one time, and it was 55 F, and people were walking around in coats and wearing earmuffs. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2023, 10:10:32 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2023, 10:10:43 AMAfter such a hot May and early June, the last few days have brought much needed rain and cool temperatures.  It's been great - I can sleep so much better.
Beeb, I'm curious what you consider 'hot' temperatures to be.  I'm also curious what you consider 'cold' to be.  I bet our personal measures are a lot different. :hmm:

I was in South Carolina one time, and it was 55 F, and people were walking around in coats and wearing earmuffs. :lol:

There was a period were the daily highs were around 30C for several days in a row.  (so that's 86F)

Two days ago we only hit a daily high of 11C (so 51F).  I mean don't get me wrong you need a light coat or sweater at that temp, but after the heat it was a welcome respite.

And the difference of course is ours is a house built for cold weather: no AC, and not a ton of windows, plenty of insulation.

Caliga

Ok, yeah, I'd agree 86F/30C is hot weather.  From my perspective, that's about where it starts, vs. 'warm'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Some nice weather for the St-Jean.  About time. :)
Not planning on doing much though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Summer came late this year (for Texas anyway) but it arrived with a vengeance. 38C+ days for the forseeable future. Now is when Texans stay inside for many months unless their job compels them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Oberndorf an der Melk (Lower Austria) set its all time heat record yesterday at 36.1°C.

Unusually, though, the temperature was reached between 11 pm and midnight. :ph34r:

For me it was 26°C at 4 am when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Fortunately, this first heatwave is ending today, and nighttime lows will be under 20°C again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.