News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

12.9! We're melting!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 24, 2018, 10:40:54 AM
12.9! We're melting!

Turns out it was a faulty thermometer so the old record of 12.4 still stands.

Now it's -2 and SNOWING! Yay! First time this winter, sadly it doesn't appear to be more than a sprinkling. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 03, 2018, 08:45:31 AM
Quote from: Liep on January 24, 2018, 10:40:54 AM
12.9! We're melting!

Turns out it was a faulty thermometer so the old record of 12.4 still stands.

Now it's -2 and SNOWING! Yay! First time this winter, sadly it doesn't appear to be more than a sprinkling. :(

Yeah set to be rather cold here for the next few days, pity as a lot of plants have been putting out new growth.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

We have an extreme cold warning on tonight.  With wind it's supposed to hit a "feels like" -40 overnight.

You know, I like winter.  I like cold.  I just want it to be not quite so cold so I can take my boys skating outdoors again. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

We got about 8 inches so y'all downwind might want to buy your TP and milk now.

KRonn

We may be headed for some snow about mid week here in the North East. So far the winter has been ok, just one big snow storm.

PDH

Well the fucking drought is back.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Duque de Bragança

Yesterday evening and today morning had 5 to 10 cm snow so 750 km of traffic jams in the region, no busses after 20h.  :lol: People having to spend the night in their cars outside fo Paris centre.
(Île-de-)France just cannot deal with snow.
Driving a scooter under snow.  :lol:
Only -2 at most but that's enough, and enjoyable for those who like snow. Last time there was snow was in 2010, and it was mayhem, again.

Valmy

Really? I mean I know the entire length of the Seine froze several times during the 19th century. Global warming has robbed Paris of its institutional memory  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Getting 4 inches again today. Commute back will be a bitch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Sybaritism has taken its toll too I believe.  :P
I like snow and most metro and regional express (RER) lines work so it's not that bad. Just bad organisation. Drivers should have been told by the authorities to stay at home during a couple of days. But then, I remember the confusion in Frankfurt Airport in 2010, in a land allegedly used to cold and snow (plus three weeks of summer).

KRonn

We got about an inch of snow then it rained for a while. Further north and inland Massachusetts got up to six inches. I pushed snow off my driveway and off my 85yo neighbor's driveway, mostly for a bit exercise since the rain would likely wash it off. Heh, my neighbor baked a banana bread for me even though I told her she didn't have to do anything. I and other neighbors often help her out and she returns the favor with tasty deserts. I still have some muffins in my freezer from the last time. She still does well for herself, she gets out all the time doing stuff, visiting relatives, church activities, etc. I hope I'm that healthy when I get to be that age.

Eddie Teach

I'd never turn down a banana bread.   :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 07, 2018, 10:54:27 PM
I'd never turn down a banana bread.   :D

Hehe, agreed. It's one of my favorites!