And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 04, 2018, 10:10:54 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 04, 2018, 08:23:36 PM
Nasty snow storm here in Massachusetts. Heavy wind, snow stopped but the winds are still high and that'll continue through tomorrow apparently. I just cleared a path to my car and to the street, plus cleared out the fire hydrant in front of my house. I'll get out the snow blower tomorrow and do the entire cleanup.

Damn Kronn, you're a hardy chap; the weather won't get you, but the clearing up might one day kill you.  :P

Anyway happy new year from up North. :cheers:

Hehe, I was trying to be careful when just clearing a path to the street as the snow was so deep I was getting winded. Not being a young fella anymore I try to be careful with that stuff.  :)  But I didn't want to get out the snow blower yet to do the whole thing as it might snow more over night. Just a path in case of visitors and especially to clear the fire hydrant.

KRonn

It's in the upper 20s F today, or -2 to -5 Celsius range, and it feels like a heat wave compared to the previous week or two.  :)

Barrister

Huh - they issued a snowfall warning for Edmonton.  10-20cm expected in the next 24 hours.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

36 and the snow is melting. :yeah:

KRonn

Temps are going to hit 40 and 50 F later this week, so much of this snow will melt. Plus a welcome relief to the deep freeze.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 08, 2018, 07:57:21 PM
Temps are going to hit 40 and 50 F later this week, so much of this snow will melt. Plus a welcome relief to the deep freeze.

:cool:

We're stuck on about 3-5C with often night-time wet and windy fronts coming in off the Atlantic.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on January 08, 2018, 08:07:14 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 08, 2018, 07:57:21 PM

:cool:

We're stuck on about 3-5C with often night-time wet and windy fronts coming in off the Atlantic.  :bowler:

Beautiful :weep:

Although there's a certain charm over the frozen flooded fields atm.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

3-6 years inches predicted with some saying 6-12. I'll be in my bunker Friday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Extreme cold warning issued to Edmonton.  Windchills will make the temperature like -40. :showoff:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2018, 09:06:45 PM
Extreme cold warning issued to Edmonton.  Windchills will make the temperature like -40. :showoff:

Does that make you feel tougher while sitting around in your heated office?   :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 10, 2018, 11:47:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2018, 09:06:45 PM

Does that make you feel tougher while sitting around in your heated office?   :P

Actually my office, with it's big glass windows, gets fucking cold in temperatures like this.

But not as cold as it feel standing for the bus in -40 windchill weather.

I break out the long underwear under my suit for these kind of temperatures - both for in my office and for the bus.

Admiral Yi

Very manly of you to wait for a bus in weather like that Beeb.

What do you use for footwear?

Barrister

Loafers.

I mean the long underwear you can't see, but I can't get away with not wearing dress shoes for court.

Actually, I remember running a trial in Beaver Creek, Yukon (Canada's western-most community!).  Trial was in the community hall in the middle of winter.  Accused was some kind of "free man" anti-government type.  "Court" was in the community hall/curling rink.  So we had to set up the folding tables to get ready for court.  It was incredibly cold outside.  It was incredibly cold outside, and I remember a mess of moose blood in the snow outside the community hall from some previous event.

Anyways... it was half-way through the trial that I realized that I was still wearing my Sorel boots through the trial, instead of my dress shoes which I had brought.  I apologized to the judge, who just laughed and said I could carry on.

jimmy olsen

It was -14C/6.8F this morning. :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Man up the lot of you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.