News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

The temperature out there is plummeting like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMmDsycHC0

mongers

No weather apocalypse / Siberian weather bomb here yet.  :hmm:

Spent a couple of hours out in the bright sunshine and stiff breeze, stopped to chat with a few people, it was fine.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Rainy and cool here, 38F/3C but fortunately too warm for snow in the last week of February.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I like how everybody is wearing dark colors except that one person in green and pink in the third picture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

The second pic looks like some Medieval allegorical painting about the sack of Rome, but with way too much perspective.

Pretty balmy here today.  Got my official beginning of spring haircut.

KRonn

Cool here, but we're looking at some heavy storms later in the week as about three storm fronts converge somewhat.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2018, 07:16:23 PM
The second pic looks like some Medieval allegorical painting about the sack of Rome, but with way too much perspective.

Pretty balmy here today.  Got my official beginning of spring haircut.

A Renaissance allegorical painting about the sack of Rome, then.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

We have gotten a bit of snow here.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Lots of flooding here.  River is up at its highest level since I've lived here, and if we get that storm we're expecting it could give 1997 a run for its money.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on February 28, 2018, 10:01:26 AM
Lots of flooding here.  River is up at its highest level since I've lived here, and if we get that storm we're expecting it could give 1997 a run for its money.

Bit of a contrast to here, we've had 4 or 5 very dry winters and consequently the river has been in poor condition, just this winter we've had a reasonable amount, but not enough for it to flood the meadows, but it is a least looking healthier.

Duque de Bragança

20 cm of snow this morning in Bragança, though I don't think it will last for long with temperatures rising tomorrow.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 28, 2018, 02:42:06 PM
20 cm of snow this morning in Bragança, though I don't think it will last for long with temperatures rising tomorrow.

Still nothing here.

Given you're 9 degrees further south, Spring must be right around the corner for you?  :cool:

Duque de Bragança

I expect a rainy and cool March before real Spring, with a freezing night still possible in April, as always.

Valmy

Beautiful hometown you have there Duque.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."