News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

If you were granted ONE wish...?

Started by Siege, July 01, 2011, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 01, 2011, 03:08:58 PM

Oh please, do we have to get in the old argument of muslims that drink and pork are not "moderate", they are simply NOT muslims?

I have no idea what he eats or drinks.  This sound like the no true Scotsman thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I wish I could lead a normal life.  Have a good job, a wife, some little ones, a house.  You know, the whole thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Slargos

Viking

Quote from: Siege on July 01, 2011, 03:35:19 PM
No more infinite more wishes!
Come on...

OK, I wish for omnipotence.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Slargos

viper37

Quote from: Siege on July 01, 2011, 01:43:52 PM
What would it be?

For me it can only be one thing: Death to ALL muslims.

Good idea.  That way, there would be 2 billion Christians against 6 million Jews.  No way America would have favored a Jewish state over a Christian one, so Israël wouldn't exist today.
Nice, I suppose.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

My wish would be to have unlimited wishes.  Then, I'll start by asking for women and money.  Once I'm rested, I shall deal with the rest of the world's problem :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Barring infinite wishes, I'd go with perfect health.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 01, 2011, 05:59:23 PM
Barring infinite wishes, I'd go with perfect health.

Of the regenerative, immortal kind?  :hmm:

Monoriu

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2011, 06:21:57 PM
Eternal youth.

Granted...

Edit: BTW, what the fuck is the chinese guy doing wishing for something as esoteric as eternal life rather than oodles of money to get oneself photoshopped onto roads.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

To walk a planet devoid of humans - so I can walk though the ruins they left behind.  At last some silence!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on July 01, 2011, 06:57:23 PM
To walk a planet devoid of humans - so I can walk though the ruins they left behind.  At last some silence!

G.

This is very doable.  Shoot your ass up into space and leave you on Mars.  I approve.