And we're back!

Main Menu

Jamaica realises the error of its ways

Started by Richard Hakluyt, June 29, 2011, 12:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 29, 2011, 07:01:22 AM
I've heard this oppinion is strong before, interesting to see actual poll results however.

I can see the point. The French colonies that stuck with France are doing great with lots of European money thrown at them. And what do they lose? A bit of silly nationalism/

Senegal, land of plenty.

Ah a cutting barb!  But I am not sure what point you are trying to make...Senegal is a pretty poor country so does not really work as a counter-example.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2011, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 29, 2011, 07:01:22 AM
I've heard this oppinion is strong before, interesting to see actual poll results however.

I can see the point. The French colonies that stuck with France are doing great with lots of European money thrown at them. And what do they lose? A bit of silly nationalism/

Senegal, land of plenty.

Ah a cutting barb!  But I am not sure what point you are trying to make...Senegal is a pretty poor country so does not really work as a counter-example.

Which former French colonies that have stayed with France aren't poor countries?  All the ones I know are in Africa.  Haiti stayed with France in the sense that occasionally France would show up and pillage it.  Senegal is one of the the wealthier ones.  I suppose you could say Quebec and Louisiana, but former was a British Colony for a long time and much of the later was a Spanish one.  And neither are really independent countries.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Reunion.........they are still overseas departments of France, just like Hawaii is a state of the USA.

Razgovory

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 29, 2011, 10:12:44 AM
Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Reunion.........they are still overseas departments of France, just like Hawaii is a state of the USA.

Ah, I misunderstood.  I thought we were talking about former colonies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 10:08:05 AM
Which former French colonies that have stayed with France aren't poor countries?

Well if they stayed with France they wouldn't be former French colonies they would be present French colonies :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Norgy

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 09:36:36 AM
Quote from: Brazen on June 29, 2011, 04:51:19 AM
Jamaica is the biggest shit-hole I've ever been too. It was the one occasion I wish I HAD been to an all-inclusive tourist resort rather than "experienced" the country.

I went to the place where every white face is an
invitation to robbery
sitting here in my safe European home
don't wanna go back there again

Now we know where Joe Strummer got the inspiration from.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 10:15:17 AM

Your irrational hatred of noble France had blinded you :console:

I am glad you can now see.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2011, 10:44:04 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 10:15:17 AM

Your irrational hatred of noble France had blinded you :console:

I am glad you can now see.

I thought you liked France for it's lack of nobility.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 10:46:04 AM
Ewww, rule by limeys. ick.

There is no fienr people to be ruled by than the English.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 10:48:59 AM

Fuck the English. Especially the Geordie subhumans.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 10:53:03 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 10:48:59 AM

Fuck the English. Especially the Geordie subhumans.

Well that is true. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 10:45:13 AM

Nothing is more noble than the killing of nobles.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2011, 11:00:06 AM

you're too french for your own good :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Winkelried

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2011, 11:00:06 AM

Amen.  :swiss: