And we're back!

Main Menu

Jamaica realises the error of its ways

Started by Richard Hakluyt, June 29, 2011, 12:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

An interesting survey result :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13952592

Also, TMI from Mr Golding at the end of the piece.

I wonder where they went wrong  :hmm:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Blacks can't rule themselves. The Jamaicans are obviously above average when it comes to the muds, since they realize themselves they were better off being ruled by the English (granted, to want to be ruled by the English you'd have to be in pretty dire straits).

Brazen

Jamaica is the biggest shit-hole I've ever been too. It was the one occasion I wish I HAD been to an all-inclusive tourist resort rather than "experienced" the country.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 29, 2011, 12:56:32 AM
Also, TMI from Mr Golding at the end of the piece.

So I take it you're not sharing the same dream?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on June 29, 2011, 04:51:19 AM
Jamaica is the biggest shit-hole I've ever been too. It was the one occasion I wish I HAD been to an all-inclusive tourist resort rather than "experienced" the country.

No joke.  Getting from the airport to the resort was all I needed to see.

Caliga

:yuk: Why on earth would anyone go to Jamaica?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:32:08 AM
:yuk: Why on earth would anyone go to Jamaica?

When your evil, manipulative ex-girlfriend decides you are.  Duh.

Josquius

I've heard this oppinion is strong before, interesting to see actual poll results however.

I can see the point. The French colonies that stuck with France are doing great with lots of European money thrown at them. And what do they lose? A bit of silly nationalism/
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I would be interested to see a similar poll conducted in Haiti. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 01:02:48 AM
Can they re-apply for colonization?

Newfoundland did.  But then the British screwed them over by giving them to Canada.  I'm sure the Jamaicans wouldn't want that.  Heck, Haiti wouldn't want that.

;)

Brazen

Habbaku

Quote from: Brazen on June 29, 2011, 04:51:19 AM

I went to the place where every white face is an
invitation to robbery
sitting here in my safe European home
don't wanna go back there again
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Heh it is like Mayotte.

Colonialism is good so long as your Imperial master gives you stuff instead of taking stuff.  Also I feel bad for Caribbean nations they get blown over by hurricans so often and there is nowhere for them to hide.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on June 29, 2011, 07:01:22 AM
I've heard this oppinion is strong before, interesting to see actual poll results however.

I can see the point. The French colonies that stuck with France are doing great with lots of European money thrown at them. And what do they lose? A bit of silly nationalism/

Senegal, land of plenty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017