News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:56:57 PM
Swedish sentences are ridiculously low. They are the result of decades of "criminals are victims" mentality.

Unless you actually beat up the burglar in your house, in which case you'll find yourself in for 21 years.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Not going to read whole thread.  What Hillary said on the first page.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2011, 04:58:41 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:56:57 PM
Swedish sentences are ridiculously low. They are the result of decades of "criminals are victims" mentality.

Unless you actually beat up the burglar in your house, in which case you'll find yourself in for 21 years.

Indeed. The Swedish criminal law sector is horrible. One reason may be the decades of negative selection. I have never heard about an intelligent Swede going into law, much less into criminal law. The whole sector is ruled by pink "we must understand the poor poor criminals" persons of indeterminate gender and no dress sense.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Camerus

What is the purpose of a state and government, if not to provide security and a high quality of life to its citizens?  If you think the concepts of states and citizenship has an validity at all, why should someone who terrorizes a country's citizens and is convicted of such in a fair court of law not be removed from the country? 

In other words, the duty of a state to protect its citizens' well being should be far higher than its duty to protect the rights of people in distant countries, particular when doing the later greatly reduces the ability to do the former.

The Brain

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 28, 2011, 05:03:36 PM
What is the purpose of a state and government, if not to provide security and a high quality of life to its citizens?  If you think the concepts of states and citizenship has an validity at all, why should someone who terrorizes a country's citizens and is convicted of such in a fair court of law not be removed from the country? 

In other words, the duty of a state to protect its citizens' well being should be far higher than its duty to protect the rights of people in distant countries, particular when doing the later greatly reduces the ability to do the former.

That's all well and good, but Mart is having his period and refuses to be reasoned with today.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 04:31:44 PM
I'd agree 100% were he just an immigrant.
As said though he's an assylum seeker, he is in genuine trouble if he gets sent back.

Whereas Swedish women are apparently at risk if he stays.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2011, 05:17:16 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 04:31:44 PM
I'd agree 100% were he just an immigrant.
As said though he's an assylum seeker, he is in genuine trouble if he gets sent back.

Whereas Swedish women are apparently at risk if he stays.

Lefties generally lack empathy. They can only see what's in front of them at the moment. And now it's a poor man who almost got sent home. The women that he has raped and will rape don't show up on their radar.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 05:30:33 PM
Lefties generally lack empathy. They can only see what's in front of them at the moment. And now it's a poor man who almost got sent home. The women that he has raped and will rape don't show up on their radar.
Its like that old philisophical question, if by pressing a lever you can stop an out of control train from killing three men by switching it onto a track where it will kill one man will you do it?

Sure, the bodycount is lesser but wheras with the three men you would just be failing to stop their deaths, with the one man you would be killing him yourself.

Criminals going on to commit more crimes happens all the time. The police know as soon as a guy serves his two years he's straight back to business as normal...yet what can they do? The law is the law, they can't keep him locked up.
In this case you've a man who could pose a risk if on streets but, the other alternative is the state pretty much killing him.
██████
██████
██████

Siege

I really HATE liberals.
Whjat the fuck, dude.
The guy raped a woman of your own country.
Shoot the mothefucker!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Scipio

Quote from: Slargos on June 28, 2011, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 03:54:08 PM
rape league? where do i join

:sadblsuh:. But really, that sucks. haven't read the article yet, but is it because more cases are reported, or just more women are raped?

I really can't say.

The official line is of course that "willingness to report crime" has risen, but that's the excuse for all rising statistics when it comes to violent crime, when in truth if you ask people they are less likely to report crimes today than they used to be since there is a wide spread belief (and rightly so, the statistics speak for themselves; clearance rates are abysmal) that the police can't really do anything anyway.

Last time my car was broken into the officer responding to my call laughed at me and asked whether I wanted to come down to the station to fill out a form "for the insurance company".
I hope you told him you expected Wallender to show the fuck up YESTERDAY!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

The fact is that if this Eritrean had raped a homosexual, Marty would be calling for the death penalty.  But since he raped a woman, three years in prison means he's entitled to asylum.

Why doesn't some country that's also a signatory to the UDHR take him in?  Under the UDHR, you can refuse asylum if there are other countries willing to take him.  Surely Poland is looking for a few more rapists.  Maybe Marty can sponsor him.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 05:44:48 PM
Criminals going on to commit more crimes happens all the time. The police know as soon as a guy serves his two years he's straight back to business as normal...yet what can they do? The law is the law, they can't keep him locked up.
In this case you've a man who could pose a risk if on streets but, the other alternative is the state pretty much killing him.

He should have thought that through after the first and then after the second offense. Besides, he is quite free to apply for asylum somewhere else.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 03:57:10 PM
What would be a penalty faced by an ethnic Swede? Would he face a higher penalty or about the same for the same crime? If it is the latter, I cannot see how having this guy serve the time AND then be deported on top of that be just.  :huh:
That's because you don't understand the concept of a social contract and how it relates to immigration.

I guess that's not surprising.  Nobody immigrates to Poland.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on June 28, 2011, 07:41:06 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 03:57:10 PM
What would be a penalty faced by an ethnic Swede? Would he face a higher penalty or about the same for the same crime? If it is the latter, I cannot see how having this guy serve the time AND then be deported on top of that be just.  :huh:
That's because you don't understand the concept of a social contract and how it relates to immigration.

I guess that's not surprising.  Nobody immigrates to Poland.

Agreed, nobody moves to Poland, Poland moves to you, especially if you are a Prussian, Pommeranian or a Silesian.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.