And we're back!

Main Menu

Dishes of the days bygone

Started by Martinus, June 27, 2011, 04:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2011, 03:39:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2011, 03:36:38 PM
As much as I can dig Coke Zero it ain't no regular Coke.

Coke Zero's actually kind of nasty.  It has a mediciney taste.

Diet Coke :x

Coke Zero :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I was given a can Coke Zero for free to try when I was in Vegas.  It wasn't worth the price.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2011, 04:07:27 PM
So what are some of the dishes you used to eat and enjoy a lot (perhaps as a child, or perhaps later on in your life), but don't anymore - maybe they take a lot of effort to make, or you can't eat them for health reasons or for some other reason?

For me it's:
- "racuchy" (sort of dough dumplings filled with slices of apple, deep fried and then sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon),
- pancakes,
- fruit milkshakes.

The first two are too fattening, and I can't be arsed to make fruit milkshakes (and the ones available at restaurants are just not that good as the ones made by my grandma),.
sugar pie
apple pie
almost any kind of dessert when they have too much sugar.  Actually, I can eat the pie with ice cream, but without ice cream, it's just too much sugar for me.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I don't understand the concept of too much sugar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 28, 2011, 03:51:39 PM

I was given a can Coke Zero for free to try when I was in Vegas.  It wasn't worth the price.

Seems all the rage in SF and New York. See it in soda fountains all the time now.

Eddie Teach

Diet sodas are nasty. I don't think my caffeine addiction is strong enough to make me drink them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Camerus

I love Coke Zero.  Once you get used to diet, going back to regular is just too sugary.  I find it's Diet Coke (as opposed to CZ) that has a metallic taste.

katmai

Dr pepper or go home you sick fucks.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Capetan Mihali

I prefer Diet Coke to Coke Zero but I think I really like Diet Pepsi the best.  :hmm:   

Diet Dr. Pepper is OK.  I like Diet Mello-Yello a lot, and Diet Sundrop is pretty good.  I've been drinking a lot of Diet Cheerwine down here.

Everyone at the public defender's office drinks diet soda like there's no tomorrow.  I think diet cola is the new cigarettes.   :wacko:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

I didn't know you could get Cheerwine in Tennessee. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2011, 03:44:52 PM

Diet Coke :x

Coke Zero :wub:

Diet Coke's kind of crap, too, admittedly.  As is Diet Pepsi.

I've actually found the generic store brand diet sodas are better.  But I doubt you'd be caught dead drinking one. ;)

Oh, and Diet Dr. Pepper is indeed tasty.  Regular Dr. Pepper is a syrupy abortion in a can.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Caliga on June 28, 2011, 05:51:00 PM
I didn't know you could get Cheerwine in Tennessee. :hmm:

Yeah, there's even billboards for it on the highway.  I had first had Cheerwine in N. Carolina and thought it was only available there-ish.  But this is East Tennessee, I don't know if it's statewide.  Like Food City is one of the biggest supermarket chains here but I gather it is basically Appalachia only. 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)