And we're back!

Main Menu

Dishes of the days bygone

Started by Martinus, June 27, 2011, 04:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 27, 2011, 05:12:57 PM
When I was a kid I drank lots of Coke and Pepsi... can't stand the stuff now due to the sweetness. :x

Non-diet soda and Doritos chips are the two things I used to consume in mass quantities.  But no more.

I am presently trying to purge soda from my diet entirely.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 08:27:50 AM
I did that about six months ago.  I only drink coffee, unsweetened tea, and water now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

As a kid I used to like Hostess Twinkies, Devil Dogs, and most of those type sweets; Easter yellow marsh mellow chick things, but I haven't eaten those in years. I tried some of those a while back and they were so sickly sweet that I couldn't eat them at all.  I also don't eat any overly sweet breakfast cereals, though it's not easy to find cereals without sugar. Shredded wheat, Grape Nuts and Kashi brand cereals are some that I like and have no sugar, and a lower amount of ingredients.

I've never been a fan of hot foods. But lately I've taken a liking to a little bit of horse radish with sandwiches.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2011, 04:07:27 PM
So what are some of the dishes you used to eat and enjoy a lot (perhaps as a child, or perhaps later on in your life), but don't anymore - maybe they take a lot of effort to make, or you can't eat them for health reasons or for some other reason?

I miss pepperoni, salami, and buffalo wings.  Like you wouldn't believe.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

There's an easy fix for that. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on June 28, 2011, 10:04:33 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 08:27:50 AM
I did that about six months ago.  I only drink coffee, unsweetened tea, and water now.
I think 95% of my fluid intake is soda.

Not sugar soda, though.  I eliminated that almost ten years ago.  Don't even like the stuff anymore.

(The other five percent is apple juice.  It's an excellent source of Vitamin C. :) )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

As much as I can dig Coke Zero it ain't no regular Coke.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2011, 03:36:38 PM
As much as I can dig Coke Zero it ain't no regular Coke.

Coke Zero's actually kind of nasty.  It has a mediciney taste.
Kinemalogue

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2011, 03:29:40 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2011, 04:07:27 PM
So what are some of the dishes you used to eat and enjoy a lot (perhaps as a child, or perhaps later on in your life), but don't anymore - maybe they take a lot of effort to make, or you can't eat them for health reasons or for some other reason?

I miss pepperoni, salami, .
hardly any real meat in those now anyway. especialy pizza place quality.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.