News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sirius XM renewal. Should I pay?

Started by Siege, June 23, 2011, 09:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on June 24, 2011, 08:52:10 PM
For some reason I thought Tom Shane was local to the Northwest.  I don't shop for much jewelry though so I hadn't put much thought into it until I saw your post.

Heh, I thought they were local here. Probably part of the marketing strategy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: sbr on June 24, 2011, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 24, 2011, 12:04:39 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 24, 2011, 10:33:33 AM
iPod maybe.  American radio is screwed up, though; it's the only thing I know of where you can end up with 15 minutes of music after a half-hour of commercials (the sad part is I'm not exaggerating- at one point, I got fed up and clocked it with a rock station from Philly).

That's why you save 5 or 6 different preset channels so you can switch away from commercials with press of a button. Sure, you might not be in the mood for country but it beats hearing Tom Shane drone on about his diamonds.

For some reason I thought Tom Shane was local to the Northwest.  I don't shop for much jewelry though so I hadn't put much thought into it until I saw your post.

Get outside Seattle/Portland to the eastern halves of those states, and it's as country/rural as anywhere in Texas.

garbon

If your wife likes Howard Stern, then you'd better renew.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 24, 2011, 07:05:12 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 24, 2011, 07:03:15 PM
So, I paid the 87 bucks.
My wife made me an offer I could not refuse.

Yeah. See what I mean? :perv:
:huh: Perhaps you are not familiar with Jewish wives. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on June 23, 2011, 09:31:07 PM
This is the first time I've heard of satellite radio. 

Yes, it is too expensive.  Tell your wife to listen to regular radio and ipod instead. 
this is Mono: if it's not free, it's too expensive :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Siege on June 23, 2011, 09:24:22 PM
Friggin Sirius XM wants me to pay $87.32 for a year of satellite radio service, for my wife's car.
Should I pay or should I tell my wife to listen to regular FM with commercials?
I don't have satellite radio in my car, and live just fine.

What do you think?  Too much money?

depends on how much time she spends in her car and if she likes it.
If she uses the car 1hr a week, it's too much.  If she's in the car 20hrs a week, it's worth it.
If she doesn't like the programming, it's too much.  If she likes it...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2011, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 24, 2011, 07:02:27 PM
:lol:  Lest not talk about that.
She tolerates the soft stuff, like Taylor Swift, but over here half the stations play the real deal, including blue grass, dueling banjos, and the like.
Every time there is an activity on post, country music is blaring out the loudspeakers.

Blue grass is cool.  :)

Bringing it back on topic, I am surprised how often I switch my Sirius over to Bluegrass Junction.  It's not something I can spend hours listening to, but for short bursts its a lot of fun.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on June 25, 2011, 10:59:23 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 25, 2011, 07:28:04 AM:huh: Perhaps you are not familiar with Jewish wives. :(

Are you?
Familiar enough... I grew up among TEH JOOS and worked for a Jewish medical center up in Boston. :)

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on June 27, 2011, 09:36:54 AMFamiliar enough... I grew up among TEH JOOS and worked for a Jewish medical center up in Boston. :)

Doesn't sound like you've been married to a lot of Jewish women, though.

Caliga

It appears that you are not familiar with the many Jewish jokes (told by Jews themselves) about their wives being battleaxes. :)

Grey Fox

I want those damn companies to go about their merger faster so they can announce their new hardware & plans.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on June 27, 2011, 09:59:28 AM
It appears that you are not familiar with the many Jewish jokes (told by Jews themselves) about their wives being battleaxes. :)

Nah, I've heard plenty of them, I just don't give them that much weight :)

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 27, 2011, 11:15:07 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 27, 2011, 09:59:28 AM

Nah, I've heard plenty of them, I just don't give them that much weight :)

Ah so you think Jews are liars eh?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2011, 11:21:21 AMAh so you think Jews are liars eh?

I can tell the difference between a joke and a statement of fact. I expect most Jews can as well :Joos