News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sirius XM renewal. Should I pay?

Started by Siege, June 23, 2011, 09:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Friggin Sirius XM wants me to pay $87.32 for a year of satellite radio service, for my wife's car.
Should I pay or should I tell my wife to listen to regular FM with commercials?
I don't have satellite radio in my car, and live just fine.

What do you think?  Too much money?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Monoriu

This is the first time I've heard of satellite radio. 

Yes, it is too expensive.  Tell your wife to listen to regular radio and ipod instead. 

MadImmortalMan

If she wants it bad enough, she should be willing to compromise and get you an indulgence. Like a blowjob every day for two months or something.  :P

Honestly, it depends how much utility she gets from it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

I like it, but I am notorious for paying for lifestyle premiums that make Mono's yellow skin turn sickly green.

And I enjoy the Lithium channel.  It's all college years, all the time.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
I like it, but I am notorious for paying for lifestyle premiums that make Mono's yellow skin turn sickly green.

:cthulu:

derspiess

That's pretty good for a year of service.  They keep trying to get me to come back for like $20-something for 3 months, which I may do for the hell of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Since there are no stations here that reliably play 90s music, Lithium is worth it alone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

My personal fave is First Wave - all 80s alternative, all the time.  Which oddly was the music I listened to in college.

Lithium is also on my favourites.

Only problem is since the move I am spending so much less time in the truck. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Don't pay. They'll probably forget to turn it off.

My dad has had his 3 month XM trial for 4 years now in his Pontiac G6.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Lucky... my 3 month trial turned off exactly on time. :glare:

The only real reason I'd subscribe would be to listen to Stern.  I don't personally feel that's worth the annual fee.  Anyway, I have like 10,000 songs or so on CDs full of mp3s and wmas in my car, so I don't see why I need to pay for programming.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2011, 06:54:13 AM
so I don't see why I need to pay for programming.

Three words: The Elvis Channel.

CountDeMoney

And I also like the time-specific channels, 50s on 5, 60s on 6, etc.  You just don't have that much doo-wop in your personal collection that trumps 24/7 50s programming.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2011, 07:00:51 AM
And I also like the time-specific channels, 50s on 5, 60s on 6, etc.  You just don't have that much doo-wop in your personal collection that trumps 24/7 50s programming.
QFT.

I also like the public radio channels.  Best part of renting the new Hyundai Sonatas or Versa hatchbacks=free satellite radio.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Oh, I forgot about the 40s station.  In between songs they played old war reports.

"This just in:  Our boys socked it to Rommel's Africa Corps in Tunisia.  The Axis are falling back toward Monty on their left flank and the coast.  Buy war bonds!"

:wub:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

You're in Kentucky now, right Seebrew?

How does the hausfrau feel about country music?