News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Top 10 most famous political misquotes

Started by viper37, June 23, 2011, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

This came up before.  I  ,along with a lot of Americans, had thought the insertion of the article transformed Kennedy into a jelly donut, but Zanza explained back then you can still be the nationality with the article.

Camerus

That Dan Quale quote is higher on the list than Caesar's last words?    :hmm:

dps

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 24, 2011, 07:21:49 AM

Well, I would assume that most people know that Caesar's last words were put into his mouth by Shakespeare, but think that Quayle actually said what he didn't say.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on June 24, 2011, 02:37:58 PM

Well, I would assume that most people know that Caesar's last words were put into his mouth by Shakespeare, but think that Quayle actually said what he didn't say.
I don't know of anyone who actually thought Dan Quayle said what the CSM quotes him as allegedly saying.  There was a much simpler version going around as a joke, but everyone knew it was a joke.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2011, 03:17:28 PM
Quote from: dps on June 24, 2011, 02:37:58 PM

I don't know of anyone who actually thought Dan Quayle said what the CSM quotes him as allegedly saying.  There was a much simpler version going around as a joke, but everyone knew it was a joke.

Eh, back then a lot of people were using Johnny Carson or Letterman as their primary news source.