News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

cologne/perfume?

Started by Caliga, June 22, 2011, 12:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I think I did a thread on this once before, years ago, but I'm too lazy to check.

What brand(s) of perfume or cologne do you people wear?

For the last 4 or 5 years I've worn Burberry for Men, but just switched the other week to Stampede (forget who makes it).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Ogallala Bay Rum Sage and Cedar is my preferred, but I stock five of their varieties regularly.  Also, Cool Water by Davidoff.

http://www.ogallalabayrum.com/
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jamesww

Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2011, 12:24:06 PM
I think I did a thread on this once before, years ago, but I'm too lazy to check.

For the last 4 or 5 years I've worn Burberry for Men, but just switched the other week to Stampede (forget who makes it).

None, I smell of me.  :bowler:

Grey Fox

I smell how a man should smell. Old Spice.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I have my own original stink.  I've been trying to patent it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on June 22, 2011, 12:27:13 PM
Also, Cool Water by Davidoff.
I used to wear this also, but Princesca made me stop because one of her old boyfriends wore it.  I was like "ummm... so?" :hmm:

Norgy

Sulphur with a hint of brimstone.

Or Aqua di Gio by Armani when among people.

Martinus

Almost exclusively these days Chanel Antheus (the red one). Boyo prefers to wear Chanel Egoiste (black) or Yves Saint Laurent's La Nuit d'Homme (sp). Just brought him a bottle of the latter from Amsterdam.

Martinus

Quote from: jamesww on June 22, 2011, 12:29:12 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2011, 12:24:06 PM

None, I smell of me.  :bowler:

More like  :outback:

Remind me to always smell opposite of the wind direction from you. I hate people who do not use perfume.

Sophie Scholl

Curve cologne by Liz Claiborne.  My sister got some for me for a Christmas present when I was... a freshman in college?  I've been using it ever since.  I use Old Spice Swagger spray/deodorant on other areas though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

I've currently been using D&G - The One.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I like what I'm wearing now, but man I do miss Cool Water. :hmm:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2011, 02:40:24 PM
I like what I'm wearing now, but man I do miss Cool Water. :hmm:

I use to wear "[Our version of] Cool Water" from the dollar store in high school.   :blush:   Mainly in a vain attempt to hide the cigarette smell from my folks.   :sleep:

I wore Drakkar Noir for a while after I found a big package of it wrapped up as a Christmas present for me that my grandmother, suffering from Alzheimer's forgot to give me...    :(

Had a bad experience with Drakkar around the first time I got really stoned in college and started panicking that everyone could smell the weed on me, so I completely soaked myself in Drakkar before going to a concert, then got really self-conscious about the massive Drakkar odor and started using snow to try to get it off of me.   :blush:  It's a hell of a drug, Drakkar.

I was given some Yves Saint-Laurent Rive Gauche (Pour Homme) by an ex-girlfriend who was really into scents (I used to work across the street from a big scent testing facility in Philadelphia, Monell; they have a huge gold modernist statute of a nose outside their building  :D), and I've been using it ever since, so about 5-6 years.  Used a couple different ones when I ran out (some English Leather  :yucky: and I think a tiny bottle of that David Beckham one), but I really like my YSL.  :frog:  Now I just use unscented antiperspirant + a splash of cologne instead of that nasty Speed Stick.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

BuddhaRhubarb

I occasionally use a bit of aftershave, but very rarely, and very little. I have a weak nose, so if I can smell your cologne stank, well it's stanky. (which is a cross between stink and skank)
:p

Eddie Teach

Didn't realize Languish had so many fancy lads.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?