And we're back!

Main Menu

Dutch Muslims & Jews united together

Started by viper37, June 16, 2011, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on June 16, 2011, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 16, 2011, 04:15:39 PM
Humane slaughter = contradiction in terms. 

If the fake Krauts really gave a crap about animals they would become vegetarians and ban meat sales.  But that would piss off the majority.  Scapegoating the minority, though  . . .

so, you are trying to argue that being tortured to death is equivalent to a (near) painless death? Can you name that logical fallacy? Is it "The Red Herring"? Tell me, your usually good at identifying them.

Bleeding out isn't really that painful a way to die.

Do you oppose testing on animals as well?  I imagine shoving electrodes up a monkey's but is far more painful for the animal then having its throat slit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:33:53 PM

It's called "being Jewish". Malthus has it too. It shuts off the rational part of the brain when it comes to anything remotely related to Israel or Judaism (I admittedly have it when it comes to gaydom).

You don't have a rational part of your brain.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 16, 2011, 04:15:39 PM
Humane slaughter = contradiction in terms. 

If the fake Krauts really gave a crap about animals they would become vegetarians and ban meat sales.  But that would piss off the majority.  Scapegoating the minority, though  . . .

so, you are trying to argue that being tortured to death is equivalent to a (near) painless death? Can you name that logical fallacy? Is it "The Red Herring"? Tell me, your usually good at identifying them.

It's called "being Jewish". Malthus has it too. It shuts off the rational part of the brain when it comes to anything remotely related to Israel or Judaism (I admittedly have it when it comes to gaydom).

BTW, is there any topic where I shut off my rational brain (given that we are on the topic). One inquiring mind seeks to confront his biases.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on June 16, 2011, 04:27:34 PM
The unskilled doofus still is much more humane than the highly trained knifeman that lets the animal exsanguinate until the heart tries to pump air.

Sure what could be more humane than sticking a cow's head into a vice and then administering electric shocks?  Or firing a bolt gun into its head?  Sometimes repeatedly if unskilled doofus messes up, as does happen.  Sometimes unsuccessfully resulting in slow exsanguination while hanging upside down.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

No, it just means that they have a tendency to call it out when they see massive bigotry targetted at Jews. It's funny that way.

If the halal/ kosher thing was anything but bigoted tyranny of the majority, and actually about animal cruelty, the relevant authorities would work with the Muslim and Jewish communities to find ways to slaughter animals in ways that satisfied cruelty standards and religious requirements.

But that never happens. It's plain old anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.

The Minsky Moment

so, you are trying to argue that being tortured to death is equivalent to a (near) painless death?

No.
I am making no such argument.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2011, 04:35:02 PM
Do you oppose testing on animals as well?  I imagine shoving electrodes up a monkey's but is far more painful for the animal then having its throat slit.

You are familiar with the cost-benefit analysis are you? When we are talking about research that can save human life these are sacrifices we are willing to make. On the other hand, testing cosmetics and beauty products on animals, when it causes pain to the animal, is banned in most of Europe.

The religious mania of savages ranks rather low on the hierarchy reasons for which we should allow people to torture animals.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:32:13 PM
Besides, Europeans did not go to all that trouble to discover a distant (and relatively sparsely populated) land, cause all religious crazies to go there, transport a lot of blacks there, and scare enough Jews to move there, now to have all these people crawl back.  :ph34r:

They didn't crawl.  They marched back.  Over the bodies of dead Euros.  Which is why you live under our guns, and Europe is a second rate power.

Viking

Bleeding out isn't really that painful a way to die.

The humane slaughter methods used in almost the entire first world for the last 80+ years are much less painful than exsanguination.

I support animal testing as a general principle. I just think that whatever purpose an animal is put to it should be treated as humanely as possible.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 04:37:35 PM

No, it just means that they have a tendency to call it out when they see massive bigotry targetted at Jews. It's funny that way.

If the halal/ kosher thing was anything but bigoted tyranny of the majority, and actually about animal cruelty, the relevant authorities would work with the Muslim and Jewish communities to find ways to slaughter animals in ways that satisfied cruelty standards and religious requirements.

But that never happens. It's plain old anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.

I don't see why we should accommodate religious crazies and savages believing in retarded customs. As I said, GET THE FUCK OUT to your Middle East mud huts if you can't behave like a civilized person here.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:37:56 PM

You are familiar with the cost-benefit analysis are you? When we are talking about research that can save human life these are sacrifices we are willing to make. On the other hand, testing cosmetics and beauty products on animals, when it causes pain to the animal, is banned in most of Europe.

The religious mania of savages ranks rather low on the hierarchy reasons for which we should allow people to torture animals.

Eating seems rather import and would rank fairly high on benefit scale.  But you made your point.  Torturing animals is okay in cases that you like, but wrong for people you don't like.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2011, 04:37:59 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:32:13 PM
Besides, Europeans did not go to all that trouble to discover a distant (and relatively sparsely populated) land, cause all religious crazies to go there, transport a lot of blacks there, and scare enough Jews to move there, now to have all these people crawl back.  :ph34r:

They didn't crawl.  They marched back.  Over the bodies of dead Euros.  Which is why you live under our guns, and Europe is a second rate power.

Yet, we still get to tell the savages to get the fuck out.

The Minsky Moment

There is one way to test this hypothesis.  But it would require you to say someting rational in the thread that could theoretically address the rational part of someone's brain.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:40:19 PM
I don't see why we should accommodate religious crazies and savages believing in retarded customs. As I said, GET THE FUCK OUT to your Middle East mud huts if you can't behave like a civilized person here.

You're a terrible human being.