News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dutch Muslims & Jews united together

Started by viper37, June 16, 2011, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Göring built a shrine to a Swedish person so he was quite sane.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2011, 04:36:36 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 24, 2011, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2011, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 24, 2011, 02:41:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2011, 12:17:08 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 24, 2011, 08:30:51 AM
However, I don't need to see Bambi to know that torturing animals is "wrong"
No you don't.  The only thing you needed to know was what Hermann Goering thought about it.
Göring was a filthy traitor.  :mad:
What would make you say that?  He was loyal to his government to the end.
His betrayal was spiritual. His excessive indulgence in narcotics and general incompetence cost the Cause greatly.
Not especially.  I mean, I suppose he can be faulted for not deposing Hitler.

Battle of Britain? Airbridge to Stalingrad? Tremendous successes.

Peter Principle in action.

A good mid-level manager who got promoted far beyond his capability.

Razgovory

Goering was fully aware that the Luftwafte couldn't do everything.  He wasn't really that keen on a general war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Slargos on June 24, 2011, 04:44:45 PM
No you don't.  The only thing you needed to know was what Hermann Goering thought about it.
His betrayal was spiritual. His excessive indulgence in narcotics and general incompetence cost the Cause greatly.

Airbridge to Stalingrad?

I would pin Jeschonnek as the ignitor of that debacle. Goring was out of the loop during the intial desicion making.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on June 24, 2011, 04:44:45 PM
Battle of Britain? Airbridge to Stalingrad? Tremendous successes.

Peter Principle in action.

A good mid-level manager who got promoted far beyond his capability.
Goering's attacks on the RAF were actually useful in the Battle of Britain, until they were switched to terror-bombing by a directive from Hitler.  I suppose you can say that Goering's faith in Udet in the pre-war buildup was a mistake on his part.  They were dazzled by how delightfully well the Ju-87 worked, and they ended up with an airforce that was awesome in 1939, but whose infrastructure was too tangled to maintain it into 1941, especially while taking losses.  As for the Airbridge, he had been pretty much removed from the planning process by then, and knew full well it wasn't going to work.

Goering was decent at his job, and an excellent politician.  His problem was that he didn't have the courage to stand up to Hitler or attempt to supplant him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.