Republican Presidential Candidate Debate on CNN

Started by Jacob, June 14, 2011, 10:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

DGuller

If I wanted to have my intelligence insulted for two hours, I would've watched a reality show on Fox.  Incidentally, that's what I did.  :blush:  There is something about Gordon Ramsay that makes you want to watch whatever crap show he's on.

Caliga

I mentioned in the other thread that Princesca did.  She thought Ron Paul won, of course.

I don't get interested in primary politics, typically, and when I do it's always Democratic primary politics since I am a registered Democrat.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

Did anybody ask "do you believe in evolution?"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

I heard a clip of one of the candidates saying he wouldnt want any Muslims in government - can't trust em.  They are trying to kill us - or something like that.

MadImmortalMan

That kind of bizarre crap is counterproductive to even ask. Best to keep it out of the rational discourse. Any journalist who would stoop to that is basically doing the news equivalent of trolling.

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 14, 2011, 11:26:46 AM
That kind of bizarre crap is counterproductive to even ask. Best to keep it out of the rational discourse. Any journalist who would stoop to that is basically doing the news equivalent of trolling.

It was a pertinent question for Cain seeing as how he has made statements about his concern of muslims in gov't.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 14, 2011, 11:26:46 AM
Wouldn't the answer he got kind of invalidate the notion that he was trolling?

KRonn

I didn't watch, forgot to. I wasn't that enthused to watch anyway, but figured I wanted to hear what some of them had to say. I'll find out on the news/internet anyway.

BuddhaRhubarb

I just saw this and thought it said Republican Presidential debate on CDM.

Now that would be a debate worth pvring. :p all kittens, wargames & cardigans. What is Ron Paul's stance on kittens?
:p

DGuller

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 14, 2011, 12:56:13 PM
What is Ron Paul's stance on kittens?
Government should stay out of kitten affairs.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on June 14, 2011, 12:57:53 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 14, 2011, 12:56:13 PM
What is Ron Paul's stance on kittens?
Government should stay out of kitten affairs.

Kittens are unconstitutional and George Washington was a dog man.

DGuller

Hmm, good point, the government is not expressly allowed by the Constitution to let kittens live.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.