And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2013, 05:10:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2013, 01:44:06 PM
1) Work every single TD line, except the US turreted ones.

Really?  I can't do shit with the T-25 AT;  even with the big gun, it folds like a paper cup and 2, maybe 3 shots and you're dead.  I have much more success with the T-25/2, even though it doesn't have the AT's ubergun.

Holy crap, the T25 AT is by far the best TD in its tier, IMO.

It isn't a German TD though - you can't stand there and take shots with it.

But it has an awesome gun, and the mobility of a medium. It has no turret, but turns fast enough that it doesn't need one. It is a GREAT td.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2013, 08:26:58 PM
It isn't a German TD though - you can't stand there and take shots with it.

That must be it.  I have a habit of doing that a bit too much. :lol:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

JUST ONE MORE SHOT

DOH

frunk

I was meh on the T25 until I got the big gun.  Then it was a blast.

katmai

Seedy has the big gun on it.

I'm only tempted to try that line for the 95
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Yup, it's the only thing that reliably does any damage in your usual "what the fuck are Tier IXs doing here?" matches we see so much of.

Tamas

I LOVED the T-25. It's basically a smaller Jagdpanther. You zoom around like a medium delivering some serious punch. Plus, while weak, the angled armor can be very useful at times.

Also, I have a T-32. I just had a game with it yesterday when not only I was hull down but also was left alone to stay like that for quite a while, with the 4 top tanks of the opposing team trying to damage me. Lulz.
But in general, I fail with that tank. I understand it's supposed to be a good all-around thing. You aren't THAT slow for a heavy, you are a small target for a heavy, you have good gun depression and a turret that is just insanely armored. But somehow I just can't really perform in it. I hate the gun. Nowadays I am not too good with heavies in general though. I am a TD and medium tanks guy.

C.C.R.

Thanks for the input. :)

Probably going the IS route, with an eye on getting the IS-3 for tank companies...

Berkut

Holy
Fuck.

So, I finished off researching the JagdPanther II, so I sold the JagdPanther (again).

Then I decided I would go ahead and grab the Hetzer (again) so I could finish eliting it, which apparently I never did originally for some reason - probably that stupid radio on it. So all I need is the radio (5400) and the tracks (1200).

We win our first match, so I get the x2 XP and research the tracks, which allows me the weight to mount the derp gun.

Next match, I load up the derp gun, grab a few gold rounds, and head out to play.

Victory!
Map:  Westfield
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:19:43 AM
Vehicle: Hetzer
Exp: 1,519 + Credits: 29,079
Achievements: : Dumitru's Medal, Top Gun, Invader, Sniper, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

10 shots fired, 9 hits, 9 kills.

That is new high kill total for me.

0 rows returned

Tamas

gold ammo  :rolleyes: I hetzerd 9 kills without gold ammo. do THAT after me :P

CountDeMoney

Only good Hetzer is a dead Hetzer.

DGuller

HEAT rounds are stupidly overpowered, as I said many times previously.  If Hetzer has the same derp gun as Pz IV, then 9 kills is impressive, but not that incredible.  I often get 6-7 in Pz IV, which is one tier higher.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on March 14, 2013, 09:23:45 AM
HEAT rounds are stupidly overpowered, as I said many times previously.

No they're not.

Berkut

Well, four of my kills were actually with just regular HE, since there was no reason to waste gold rounds on artillery...

0 rows returned