News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Speaking of left flank. The other day I had a game in my T-34 (tier V) vs. mostly tier VI. Map was that snowy mountain map with the narrow pass on the bottom left.

Everyone went to the right, with only me and two TDs and an arty left in the base. I decided to peek over to the left (no one else seemed interested). I had made it 2/3 through the pass when I met two KV-1S and a Pz-IV. I managed to slowly retreat, taking pot shots, while avoiding their heavy guns, slowing them down quite a bit. I tried to get the team's attention, but they were busy getting themselves slaughtered piecemeal on the right side. Needless to say we lost.

Which was not as bad as one of the following games. Malinovka. We were on the top left. Opponent was down to 4 tanks, we had 5. Three of us headed to their base. Two staid behind, just outside our base. I got taken out by an arty, the other two tried to capture the base. Only that the opponent had gotten the drop on us and were already ahead with the base capturing. The two guys at our base were busy shooting at targets on the far side of the map, instead of guarding our base twenty meters behind them. And that was how we lost the battle.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I am now 110k credits down from the high point of the day. It's my worst run "financially" in WoT, ever.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Tamas on August 26, 2012, 05:53:23 AM
Have had like 10 battles in the Jagdpanzer E-100. The whinefest prepared me for how the tank is, and I could live with how highly situational it is (like the trollcannoned KV-2, I am finding it to be more of a city-dweller tank), what I can't bear, it is the 0 damage penetration hits.

Due to the long reload time, the slow maneuverability, and being spotted from miles due to the insanse size, every shot with this monster is an event in itself. Which is kind of okay, because when it does damage, it really DOES DAMAGE. Except when it's not. I can understand dings. Well, accept them, anyways, but when you get like 3 shots on an open-air map, and one dings, while two goes "penetration" and 0 damage (one on a frail ISU-152), you get frustrated.

That's pretty much why I gave up on my Ferd -- was already running into this situation (though obviously less expensive), and figured that it would only get worse with the Jagdtiger & JP E-100.  Fuck it.  Just wasn't fun for me...

Tamas

I have come to like my Ferdie over time, but I understand your decision - if the Jagdpanther II lets you continue the Jagdpanther I playstyle, just with the Ferdie's gun, it must rock.

While I am still incredibly sucky with the JpzE100, there is one thing I must admit: it has armor. Compared to the Jagdtiger at least. Often I find myself abandoned by my team, circled by mediums/lights, pot-shotted by heavies and TDs, with incoming arty fire. And often it takes them quite a while to wear me down. So when it is hopeless, I just say "fuck you guys!", and turn around stationary, shooting whoever I can, while they carve me down to zero HP.

Of course, any arty hit landing in front of you destroys your gun, but still.

daveracher

Anyone have any thoughts/reactions to the new patch? Hill and lake related fatalities are very high today.  :nelson:
Damn them for putting in a new Matilda... preying on my weakness for slow as tar tanks.
Birdman of Burlington

C.C.R.

I'd been taking a break from this for a couple-few weeks, installed the update to 8.0 & garage totally black -- can't see anything.  Am currently DLing the full install package instead of the torrent to see if that helps...

:ccr

Syt

Quote from: C.C.R. on October 07, 2012, 07:11:17 AM
I'd been taking a break from this for a couple-few weeks, installed the update to 8.0 & garage totally black -- can't see anything.  Am currently DLing the full install package instead of the torrent to see if that helps...

I've had trouble repeatedly with the game when I missed a couple of updates and then went back to playing it. Fresh install usually solved this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

C.C.R.

Quote from: Syt on October 07, 2012, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: C.C.R. on October 07, 2012, 07:11:17 AM

I've had trouble repeatedly with the game when I missed a couple of updates and then went back to playing it. Fresh install usually solved this.

Got it figured out.  Had to jack the graphics settings all of the way down to low to get it to show up.  Doesn't seem like I should have to do that, but It Is What It Is.  It's not like I play WoT for the stunning scenery & shit...

frunk

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

C.C.R.

Anybody get any confirmation if we're getting a free garage slot to accomodate the new line of British tanks?

miozozny

Quote from: C.C.R. on November 01, 2012, 05:28:23 AM
Anybody get any confirmation if we're getting a free garage slot to accomodate the new line of British tanks?

Well, in Europe we did get the tier 1 British tank in a fresh new garage slot.

C.C.R.

Yep, same here.  Just took the Mk I out for a test drive.  Made the obligatory "I'm stock :( " joke, then got 2 kills, a Master Gunner, a 2nd Class Mastery Badge & 2,005 XP (x5 this weekend for first win) in my first game with it.  Normally I'd research everything right now, dump it & move on to the next level, but I've got a buddy coming over tonight that plays & we like to platoon, but he doesn't play as often as I do & everything in my garage is past his level, so gonna elite the Mk I out & grind it to train the crew today & platoon with it with Bryan tonight.

Mmm, beer & WoT...

miozozny

Quote from: C.C.R. on November 02, 2012, 07:44:15 AM
Yep, same here.  Just took the Mk I out for a test drive.  Made the obligatory "I'm stock :( " joke, then got 2 kills, a Master Gunner, a 2nd Class Mastery Badge & 2,005 XP (x5 this weekend for first win) in my first game with it.  Normally I'd research everything right now, dump it & move on to the next level, but I've got a buddy coming over tonight that plays & we like to platoon, but he doesn't play as often as I do & everything in my garage is past his level, so gonna elite the Mk I out & grind it to train the crew today & platoon with it with Bryan tonight.

Mmm, beer & WoT...

You may want to get another tier 1 for that...with all these slow heavyhitters around driving something a little faster can be real fun.   :)

DGuller

What is the typical crew training strategy for low tier tanks?  My personal strategy is to slum it with 50% crew for the first three tiers, since they go by too quickly to waste credit on re-training, and then go with 75% option starting with tier 4.