News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

What I like the most about the French lights is that playing them never feels like a grind. Unlike so many other tanks, you will have a chance to shine even in high tier games, as long as you play your cards right.

Quote from: Shade on May 12, 2012, 09:14:17 PM
Yup and I hear it only get faster and deadlier! My favorite is to play all the amx like meds and sit way back and snipe then I w8 until about 25-50% of enemy is dead. After which I zip around and take out artys and anything at base... it is much fun and very successful as it draws people away form front (2-3 usually) and that means that my guys on the front lines have an easier time crushing though allowing me to get a win most of the time (at the expense of a small repair bill.

The problem with sniping is that you rarely have a chance to pen high tiers from the front, and your ammo load is limited. I generally find that it works best to scout one flank for the big guys until the gap develops.

frunk

Had a hilarious death in my Tiger just now.  I was tracked and my turret couldn't turn, so I stayed locked on a SU-152...that didn't move.  Killed him just before I died.

Jaron

Can someone give me some hot newb tips? I am having a lot of fun but I don't hit anything much. I'm using the T-1 light tank with a riced out engine and hispanic cannon.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

frunk

Especially with low tier tanks, either stop and let the targeting settle before shooting, or run right up and ram/shoot the tank.  If you stop to shoot make sure it isn't in the middle of a field where everybody and their grandmother can wail on you.  Hiding behind bushes or solid objects is good.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on May 13, 2012, 09:26:05 PM
Can someone give me some hot newb tips? I am having a lot of fun but I don't hit anything much. I'm using the T-1 light tank with a riced out engine and hispanic cannon.

Make sure to try out the various vehicle types (lights, heavies, tank destroyers) as soon as you can. While various tanks within a category may drive quite differently, these are the major "style" categories. So you should check all out and see what's  good for you.

Lights and mediums are the main trolling tanks, I guess that's up your alley :P

Lights are either scouts or flankers depending on their specifics.

Mediums are flankers and supports of the main heavy drive.

Heavies are more often "tank" tanks but of course they carry some big-ass guns most of the time.

Tank Destroyers are snipers, and support.

miozozny

Quote from: katmai on May 08, 2012, 06:54:57 PM
Trying to figure out these new maps. And the free KV-2 is first fully trained crew so trying to wrap my head around best skills for the crew.

And, what did you think were the best skills? Still have to pick them myself...

C.C.R.

Still having some problems differentiating strengths & weaknesses of KV-1 & KV-2 -- was sooooo used to dealing with the Trollcanon on the old KV that I'm not up to speed on the guns on the two offshoots...

Berkut

Quote from: miozozny on May 14, 2012, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 08, 2012, 06:54:57 PM
Trying to figure out these new maps. And the free KV-2 is first fully trained crew so trying to wrap my head around best skills for the crew.

And, what did you think were the best skills? Still have to pick them myself...

IMO, once you get into the higher tiers, repair is critical for heavy tanks. You will get tracked a lot, and you only have 1 repair kit, which you need to save for ammo and gun damage, mostly.

Same is true for mediums, just not quite to the same extent.

Band of Brothers is a great perk, but your entire crew has to be at 100% on it, so in that sense it is a very "expensive" perk.

I think 6th Sense might be the best perk in the game for a commander for almost any tank.

Mentor is great as well when you are first training a crew.

Clutch braking is a great skill for heavy and TD drivers.

Camo of course for all TDs.

Repair for heavy TDs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Just had a really, really fun Tier VII game in my Tiger -- I had 3 kills & wounded 5, but on at least 4 of those wounded I knocked off 90%+ of their HP & a little Hetzer teammate would immediately swoop in & finish them off.  He ended up getting Top Gun, for which I am happy for him... :)

katmai

I knew there was a reason i kept my M4 around
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

katmai

Quote from: DGuller on May 15, 2012, 01:09:56 AM
Derp or plinker?

:unsure: If i understand the coded lingo :P

I have the 76mm M1A1 on.

katmai

Platooning with CCR, he is too embarrassed to admit it, but I'm making it easier for him to look good in our matches. ^_^

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on May 15, 2012, 06:54:48 PM
Platooning with CCR, he is too embarrassed to admit it, but I'm making it easier for him to look good in our matches. ^_^

Yes.  In a bad way in my Panther, in a GOOD way in my Jagdpanther...  ;)

Shade

I would defiantly be up for platooning if anyone is on when I am. Screen Name is Shade135.