Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2012, 06:40:32 PM
Another quick question for you guys.
How big is your depot?
Curious to see how many tanks people hold on to.

Six in my depot:

Jagdpanther (elited, favorite to play, will keep until have creds for a Ferd)
Panther (wip)
Grille (wip)
T82 (wip)
SU-76 (elited, use it for cred farming/noob harvesting, will upgrade when crew is 100%)
VK3601H (kinda just bumping up crew skills until crew is 100% and/or have creds for a Tiger)

Also note that I don't have a Premium account & don't play all THAT often, so my skill level/progression rate aren't going to be all that high...

:ccr

C.C.R.

I'm actually pretty excited about this sale, since I was going to buy a Tiger this week anyways:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1247-military-parade-special/

Tankers!

On May 8, 1945 Germany officially surrendered, resulting in a victory for the Allied forces in World War II's European campaign. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we are holding the Military Parade Special, offering many of your favorite discounts and bonuses.

Starting at 1130 UTC on May 7, 2012 and lasting until 1100 UTC on May 11, 2012 the following discounts and bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.
x5 experience for the first victory of the day on each of your tanks
50% discount on equipment
50% discount on 100% Tank Academy training
50% discount on Crew Skill reset
15% discount on one-year Premium account
15% discount on half-year Premium account
58% discount on Premium ammunition
50% discount on the credit cost of:
T-43
KV-13
IS
SU-152
S-51
SU-14
PzKpfw V Panther
VK 3002 (DB)
PzKpfw VI Tiger (P)
PzKpfw VI Tiger
Jagdpanther
GW Panther
T20
T25 AT
T25/2
T29
M12
AMX 13 90
AMX M4 (1945)

Berkut

I am annoyed.

I am ready to sell my T29 and move onto the T32, but now I have to wait because the T29 will only sell for 1/2 price! Grrh.

Hopefully they will drop 7.3 in the next couple days though...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Berkut on May 07, 2012, 09:37:49 AM
I am annoyed.

I am ready to sell my T29 and move onto the T32, but now I have to wait because the T29 will only sell for 1/2 price! Grrh.

Hopefully they will drop 7.3 in the next couple days though...

It will be out tomorrow.

Berkut

Sweet! 7.3 tomorrow, and they have a Victory Day bonus code - make sure you guys get it entered before the 11th.

Give you:

QuoteTankers!

In honor of Victory Day and the ongoing Military Month specials we are pleased to offer you a fantastic bonus code:

Extra Combat Rations - x5
    Case of Cola - x5
    Chocolate - x5
    Improved Combat Rations - x5
    Strong coffee - x5
    1 day Premium Time

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1248-victory-day-bonus-code/
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 07, 2012, 05:42:51 AM
I'm actually pretty excited about this sale, since I was going to buy a Tiger this week anyways:

I'm nowhere near ready to buy any of those tanks, fuck you very much.

But glad that i got the KV researched just in nick of time.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

So, did you get the bobblehead for your KV?

katmai

Quote from: DGuller on May 07, 2012, 05:58:37 PM
So, did you get the bobblehead for your KV?
:huh:

Do you mean the turret, i did so i'll be getting the KV-2 at 100% crew trained.

C.C.R.

OK, I chose wisely - one game so far in my new Tiger (stock except for what I could transfer from the VK3601 & added a shell rammer) & I got a Hat Trick.  I should just retire it now...

:P

frunk

I hope those without premium cashed in their bonus code already.  If you did it before midnight PDT you got another free day of premium.

QuoteThe Global Map for Clan wars will be unavailable for twenty-four hours starting on May 8, 2012 at 00:15 PDT (07:15 UTC) until 00:15 PDT (07:15 UTC) on May 9th.

All users with premium accounts active at the start of maintenance will receive a one-day compensation added to their premium account starting May 7, 2012 at 21:00 PDT (May 8th 04:00 UTC).

katmai

Trying to figure out these new maps. And the free KV-2 is first fully trained crew so trying to wrap my head around best skills for the crew.

Shade

I bought a t-34 now I know why so many people buy prem tanks... you guys seen the french arty yet? Short range but hits a hell of a punch!

C.C.R.

Yay!!! Finally got my Ace Tanker Mastery Badge on my SU-76 with an awesome Top Gun on Komarin -- sat in the depression in the southeast corner & jacked out six noobs as they came at me one at a time (helps that I staked a friendly arty out like a piece of meat to lure them in & draw their fire away from me :P ).  I hit Ace Tanker a LOT quicker in my T82 (once I ditched that turkey turd of a 76 & put a 57 on there), but I suspect that has more to do with people grinding through the T82 A.S.A.F.P. to get the T40 then it does any real skill on my part...

frunk

Ohh, the 105 is the fun gun on the T82.  You can one shot almost every single tank (barring heavies) you meet. 

DGuller

Quote from: frunk on May 09, 2012, 09:10:10 AM
Ohh, the 105 is the fun gun on the T82.  You can one shot almost every single tank (barring heavies) you meet.
:yes: I recall one battle where I ambushed five tanks one by one, and dispatched them all with one shot, on the way to my team's 15-0 victory.