News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

The funny thing about the accusation of kill stealing (Other than my 19 hits on 23 shots) is that I was rather consciously NOT going for kills, but trying to take down targets that I knew others would have trouble with, like the IS-4 and T30.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I have a really good T95 replay, where I win the battle at the last minute with my 4th kill, when all the Russian spectators have already discounted me.  Too bad it's on 7.3 beta 1, so it won't play in the regular WoT.

frunk

I had an entertaining match recently in my VK 3601.  I was near the top of the MM but most of the enemy tanks were T5 Heavies so it wasn't going to be a pushover.  It started out bad when I missed a T-50 that was zooming past me.  Fortunately he looped back around instead of going for the Arty and I tracked him for someone else to kill.  I saw three heavies (two KVs) coming down one side and a BDR G1B tangling with one of our heavies perpendicular to the KVs.  I zoomed around the corner before the KVs eyeballed me and finished off the BDR just as he blew up our heavy.  Continuing on I take out a damaged Churchill peaking around at me before backing up and checking on the KVs. 

They are tied up with a couple of our other tanks, both sides playing peekaboo.  I damage the non-KV before someone else blows him up.  Rather than fight the KVs head on I go around the block lining up shots from behind.  I kill the KVs in three shots, one of them a miss when my finger slips on the mouse.  My side of the battlefield is now clear and I head toward the flag, killing a damaged T-14 with his attention elsewhere.  I miss out on top gun when the two arty remaining are taken by the other players.

In all of that I took one damaging shot from the T-50 and one non-penetrating shot from the Churchill for 5 T5 heavies killed.  I think I made 10 shots total during the battle.  The added entertainment was how confident one of the KV drivers was that they were going to wipe us out.

DGuller

Quote from: frunk on May 02, 2012, 02:53:53 PM
I had an entertaining match recently in my VK 3601.  I was near the top of the MM but most of the enemy tanks were T5 Heavies so it wasn't going to be a pushover.  It started out bad when I missed a T-50 that was zooming past me.  Fortunately he looped back around instead of going for the Arty and I tracked him for someone else to kill.  I saw three heavies (two KVs) coming down one side and a BDR G1B tangling with one of our heavies perpendicular to the KVs.  I zoomed around the corner before the KVs eyeballed me and finished off the BDR just as he blew up our heavy.  Continuing on I take out a damaged Churchill peaking around at me before backing up and checking on the KVs. 

They are tied up with a couple of our other tanks, both sides playing peekaboo.  I damage the non-KV before someone else blows him up.  Rather than fight the KVs head on I go around the block lining up shots from behind.  I kill the KVs in three shots, one of them a miss when my finger slips on the mouse.  My side of the battlefield is now clear and I head toward the flag, killing a damaged T-14 with his attention elsewhere.  I miss out on top gun when the two arty remaining are taken by the other players.

In all of that I took one damaging shot from the T-50 and one non-penetrating shot from the Churchill for 5 T5 heavies killed.  I think I made 10 shots total during the battle.  The added entertainment was how confident one of the KV drivers was that they were going to wipe us out.
I tend to do that sometimes when I play KV.  :blush:  If I see that the enemy is out-KVed, and it's a fairly low tier match, I pre-emptively offer condolences to them for their poor matchmaking luck.  I don't remember having to eat my words, though. :whistle:

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 02, 2012, 02:03:01 PM
I have a really good T95 replay, where I win the battle at the last minute with my 4th kill, when all the Russian spectators have already discounted me.  Too bad it's on 7.3 beta 1, so it won't play in the regular WoT.

Doesn't count on test anyway. I mean really, you didn't earn that tank!

You gotta have some other good replays though...

I really like this one - mainly because I think it is a good example of how to run a medium properly. You want to be agressive, but the timing of that agression is key...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16125366/20120412_1608_germany-E-50_murovanka.wotreplay

0 rows returned

katmai

Another quick question for you guys.
How big is your depot?
Curious to see how many tanks people hold on to.

Just got the KV and grinding away towards the KV-2 turret.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2012, 06:40:32 PM
Another quick question for you guys.
How big is your depot?
Curious to see how many tanks people hold on to.

Just got the KV and grinding away towards the KV-2 turret.
I have about ten tanks.  Except for KV, I don't hold on to the tanks that I leveled out.

katmai

Heh okay with only 2,595 xp to research the KV-2 turret took only like 4 matches.

Berkut

I have:

Primary/Active tanks:
T95
IS4
E75
E50
M40/43
T29

"Reserve"
M18
T34
SU152

Other:
KV
KV-3

Tanks I've researched but never bought:
Ferdinand
SU-51

Both of these I am only keeping until the patch.

I don't hang onto tanks much after they are researched. I did hold onto the PZIV for a long time though.

0 rows returned

katmai

Cool thanks guys, was wondering if i was doing something odd by not holding on too many older tanks. So far only one that i have is my original Sherman.

DGuller

I looked at some of my replays, having been inspired by Berkut's ejaculation.  I didn't realize how much I spaz with looking around all the time.  Watching some of my replays gives me vertigo.  I pretty much scan everything in the front 180 degrees of view continuously.

frunk

10 Tanks, most of the extra slots from specials they've had.

Still in progress:
Panther
T25
M7 Priest
SU-8
B1

Elited:
VK 3601 (H) (waiting on cash to buy Tiger)
GW Panther (favorite Arty)
SU-26 (second favorite Arty)
Tetrarch (premium)
M3 Stuart (premium)

I've had a lot of good games with the VK, so it'll be a sad day when I sell it.  I keep thinking about getting rid of the two premium tanks as they really aren't my style and I do terribly with them.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 04, 2012, 01:19:47 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 02, 2012, 12:52:48 PM
Check this out...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16125366/20120502_1341_usa-T95_mannerheim_line%205%20kills%20SW.wotreplay

:lol:

nice armor!

What was funny was everyone at the beginning saying "Hold back, let them come around the corner!"

I was thinking "No artillery? I am near top tier? Fuck that, I am driving right around the corner..."

The only problem with that of course is if the bad guys sending something around my flank. That shouldn't be a problem since there was plenty of back up, but I've had matches where in similar situations nobody supports the T95 and just sits back and lets them get blown away by some medium parked on its side.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2012, 01:47:55 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 04, 2012, 01:19:47 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 02, 2012, 12:52:48 PM
Check this out...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16125366/20120502_1341_usa-T95_mannerheim_line%205%20kills%20SW.wotreplay

:lol:

nice armor!

What was funny was everyone at the beginning saying "Hold back, let them come around the corner!"

I was thinking "No artillery? I am near top tier? Fuck that, I am driving right around the corner..."

The only problem with that of course is if the bad guys sending something around my flank. That shouldn't be a problem since there was plenty of back up, but I've had matches where in similar situations nobody supports the T95 and just sits back and lets them get blown away by some medium parked on its side.

Yeah I was wondering while watching, if they were to help you with the flanking attempt, which they did. Sadly it is rare indeed.

No arty is TD time, yeah.
I understand the need for SPGs to remove camping from the game, but so often I find matches to be much more tactical and about good positioning on the whole map, when there is no uber-arty to fear.