And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 09, 2012, 04:10:06 PM
This just in:  the short 88 still guzzles choad.  Film at eleven... :P

It's ok at tier 6, wholly terribad at tier 7.

DGuller

Yeah, short 88 is the gun that is useful in an extremely narrow range.  Kind of pathetic, really, even taking into account the general difference between history and the game.

C.C.R.

Just shot an SU-152 eight times at POINT BLANK RANGE & only penetrated once & damaged his gun once.  All I could do was laugh, mainly so I wouldn't cry.  I had him down to 1% before he killed me -- I think a teammate's radioman pulled his sidearm out to finish him off...

:P

katmai

ugh the stupidity of some of these people amazes me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Master Gunner, Reaper and Sharpshooter in T-34 ^_^

frunk

Greatest irritation recently - We're up at the end with 5 tanks to 2.  I'm in an M7 Priest, they have a KV down to 7% and a full strength Hetzer.  Two of our tanks get killed and I miss my shot on the KV.  What I failed to notice was our other two players, a T14 and another Arty, had gone AFK.  The Hetzer catches and kills me in plain sight of the T14, and I'm wondering why he isn't doing anything.

katmai

heh yeah had similar thing where was on base defense with T-20, Hummel and myself in T-34. T-20 ends up going afk leaving me to deal with two Ferdinands and an IS3.

Suffice to say I didn't survive that encounter.

But biggest frustration is when whole team decides to go one flank, and then wonders why we have base capped. I've stopped and played D a few times but when it's 10-1 odds doesn't matter what tank i'm in.

The pic of my T-14 getting hit 44 times was me vs 5 tanks.

katmai

1st match the Tier7 T-20 medium tank. Not a bad start if i do say so.

DGuller

What's with reversing the use of dashes?  Russian tanks have dashes, American tanks don't.  Russians have T-34.  Americans have T34.  Miscommunication kills.

katmai

Dashes are clearly a communist plot.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 10, 2012, 05:11:36 AM
What's with reversing the use of dashes?  Russian tanks have dashes, American tanks don't.  Russians have T-34.  Americans have T34.  Miscommunication kills.

What is odd is that they choose to use confusing names for fictional tanks.

You can call it anything you like - so why call it something that has already been taken?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Well, the consensus seems to be that the IS4 as it is now has no pace in Clan Wars.

Finally got an IS-7 last night though.

I am broke, with lots of garage space.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on May 09, 2012, 11:47:13 PM
But biggest frustration is when whole team decides to go one flank, and then wonders why we have base capped. I've stopped and played D a few times but when it's 10-1 odds doesn't matter what tank i'm in.

I find it best to not trust anybody under Tier VI.  I actually cringe when I see that I'm at the Top of the Heap in a Tier VII, because for every time I clean up in that slot I'll have two games where I just do OK & another three games where I get my ass spanked -- generally from dipshit teammates all rushing the same side or camping at our base in lights or mediums on Malinovka or being too busy typing how they're The Shit & not busy enough playing.  I used to get pissy about it, but now I've gotten better about keeping my mouth shut & just doing the best that I can at the role I'm supposed to be playing.  Stranded all by myself in a JP at the eastern crossroads on Ruinberg & get swarmed by four enemy AMX's because 13 teammates went city?  Meh.  Another day at the office.  My "Bad" for going where I'm supposed to go without checking to see if I'm by myself, should've camped by the arty so that we could all get swarmed & die Together.  Hit exit battle, choose another rig & move on.

To be fair, though, a lot of the problem is that in anything Tier IV & under you basically have to TK somebody to not make a profit on creds, and even people that otherwise would know what they're doing take chances that they wouldn't take in a higher-tiered vehicle because they're generally just grinding the rig to move up, cred farming or just plain fucking off because, well, they can.  Tier V is where you just start having monetary consequences for your actions & the Learning Curve is starting to take effect, and Tier VI is where the grind to the next Tier starts being a bit of a bitch.

Or something.  Sorry.  Morning coffee kicking in & rambling.  Will shut up now...

:ccr

Iormlund

I just got Steel Wall on my KV-1s ... in a tier 8 battle. :lol:

Managed to bag a Jumbo, a Type 59, a VK3601(H) and a light AMX. Damaged a Tiger II and set an AMX 100 on fire. All in all, not a bad round.

Tamas

It's funny how it sometimes work to brawl with your Jagdtiger. I never look for the opportunity of course, but there are times when you have to, and you meet people who just see the huge lumbering Tier 9 monstrosity, and think it means their one or two tier difference disadvantages them too much. So instead of rushing me and cornering me to a wall, they play pikaboo. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :menace: