News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

That shortish 88 is one of the most inconsistent guns there is in WoT.  It goes from being great to being outclassed in the space of one tier.  This is probably the most shortchanged gun in the game, considering how many tanks were littering the real battlefields because of it.

C.C.R.

In the game its biggest problem, IMO, is accuracy.  For me a lot of that has to do with lack of crew profiency -- which is something else that is improving, also making the tank more fun for me now... :P

DGuller

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 17, 2012, 09:55:26 AM
In the game its biggest problem, IMO, is accuracy.  For me a lot of that has to do with lack of crew profiency -- which is something else that is improving, also making the tank more fun for me now... :P
Which is BS as well, because the real 88 was extremely accurate due to its flat trajectory.

Berkut

I've long since given up stressing about how any tank or gun in the game maps to its real life counterpart.

However, the 12.8cm gun on the E-75 is quite lovely.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on April 17, 2012, 09:59:56 AM
Quote from: C.C.R. on April 17, 2012, 09:55:26 AM
Which is BS as well, because the real 88 was extremely accurate due to its flat trajectory.

Stoopid Russkiy developers nerfing German equipment... :P

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2012, 10:21:33 AM
I've long since given up stressing about how any tank or gun in the game maps to its real life counterpart.

Indeed.  It's a game, and a pretty fun one at that.  If a given tank blows that much there are only about a few dozen other ones to choose from... :ccr

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2012, 10:21:33 AM

However, the 12.8cm gun on the E-75 is quite lovely.

I am pretty sure it cannot compare to its Jagdtiger version :contract:

While I am still often hindered by the fact that my teammates consider the Jagdtiger an undestructible force of close combat (which it really isn't, not much more than the Marder is, actually) and hence leave me alone to take care of street fighting and whatnot, that gun just owns. Accurate, reasonably fast and nothing is safe from it.

Tamas

Last night, as I was pwning left and right with my KV, until an other KV one-shot me with it's trollcannon, I realized: we are living the last couple of weeks of the KV's golden age, aren't we? It will be a tier 6, and so the mass-murdering of entire fields of tier 5s and below will be the thing of the past.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on April 18, 2012, 01:47:12 AM
Last night, as I was pwning left and right with my KV, until an other KV one-shot me with it's trollcannon, I realized: we are living the last couple of weeks of the KV's golden age, aren't we? It will be a tier 6, and so the mass-murdering of entire fields of tier 5s and below will be the thing of the past.
:cry:

C.C.R.

It only took me 843 games, but I *FINALLY* just got Invader in my Jagdpanther.  Hell, I had both Invader & Raider within the first ten games of having my Grille, so I don't know what took me so long... :P

Tamas

ok experts, need help. I already have my pimped-up KV. Should I buy the KV3 in hopes of actually profiting from the free tanks that would get me? I dont need extra garage place. I need credits. I at least will break even from buying the KV3, then selling it and the free tank, right?

Berkut

The intimidation factor of the T95 is just awesome.

Was playing Abby, and stayed back in base to defend. Most of my team went down the south road.

Kill a medium coming through the gap. A Lowe comes through, I stick a round into him, he skirts south. I assume he is going to try to run for our arty or get behind me, so I re-position to cover the southern entrance into the base, so he just goes south to try to come up behind the team going down the south road rather than face me. That doesn't work of course.

So the team is pressing along, but the other side had sent about 7 tanks north, so it turns into one of those races for the cap. I am the only one left in base other than the two arty, so I position to cover the north entrance. Six of them breakthrough, and the first two up into the cap get blown away by me, and the other 4 just don't even come up at all. They just sit down there trying to play peek-a-boo up the path into base while our team completes the cap win.

Of course, if they had all just come up, I would be toast.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2012, 02:04:25 AM
ok experts, need help. I already have my pimped-up KV. Should I buy the KV3 in hopes of actually profiting from the free tanks that would get me? I dont need extra garage place. I need credits. I at least will break even from buying the KV3, then selling it and the free tank, right?

I would guess that buying the KV-3 would be a break even or close to it, at worst. And you are wrong - you do need an extra slot.

0 rows returned

Tamas

6th sense perk is awesome for the Jagdtiger. Gawd it helps a lot.

Also, the T25 can be fun as balls. Running around deep behind enemy lines, wreaking havoc with a turretless tank? Talk about trolling.

DGuller

I played on the public beta server, and I have a couple of conclusions.  KV-1 is still going to be a troll tank.  Sure, you'll get a weaker derp, 122 mm instead of 152 mm, but in return you'll get better matchmaking.  It will also help that KV-1 will get your old KV crew, with their skills and perks.  KV-2 is going to be more mediocre, but I'm not sure how much of it was due to extreme top heaviness on the test server.

IS-8 is one fast motherfucker.  It's top speed is 50 kph, and it actually gets to it eventually.  T95 is a beast, even if it is a lumbering beast.  Things located in front of its most powerful gun just have a habit of spontaneously combusting.  No, it's not a new tank, I just wanted to cheat and get a sneak preview of what it's like.

Berkut

I love my T95, and I don't even have the big gun on it yet.

0 rows returned