News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on March 14, 2012, 12:37:05 PM
The SU-100 looks very pedestrian compared to the -85.
I think it gets a 122 mm gun in the end, IIRC.  A 122 mm gun in a Soviet TD is a lethal combination, as it fires much faster than the tank version.

Berkut

Yeah, but compared to the -85, the 122 has slightly more pen (175 v 167) and a bit better damage (390 vs 300) for a slightly less accuracy (.38 vs .37) and much lower RoF (5.36 r/m vs 7.79). Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade relative to its tier.

Plus it is one of the bumps where the new tank doesn't mount the old gun at all, so until you get the XP to unlock the new gun, you are actually using guns that are considerably worse than the one you left back on the -85.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Yes, that definitely is annoying.  I remember sucking terribly in SU-100 at first, before bouncing back near the end.  Soviet tanks are especially annoying when stock.

DGuller

I gave the 152 mm trollcannon on the KV another try, just for kicks.  It works much better than I remember it working, probably because my skill improved.  What I really like about it that you're almost never useless with it.  Even tier 8 tanks can have their day ruined by it.  The 107 mm gun is much more of a hit or miss:  you'll rape if you're at the top, and you're a useless target if you're near the bottom.

Iormlund

Not just your skill. I found a 100% crew plays a big part in getting that shot to actually hit in the general vicinity of where I intended it to.

DGuller

Hint:  if you play arty, DO NOT hide behind the bushes like a TD.  Bushes don't hide your tracers, but they do make for an excellent reference point for counter-battery arties.

DGuller

C.C.R.

Just configured the perks for my Jagdpanther crew & played a few games.  Fun.  Played one of the new maps for the first time & got four kills without having a fucking clue where The Good Spots are at.  Good stuff...

:ccr

DGuller

And the patch fucked up my game big time.  Once every couple of games my FPS crashes through the floor, and I can't do anything other than wait to be shot by the enemy.  Good going, Wargaming.

Berkut

Some pretty major changes.

Credit earning for high tier tanks is much, much higher. I make decent creds playing my T9s now.

The new US TD line is interesting - I have always had a special place in my heart for the M18 for some reason, going to have to try that.

72 kph on a TD that carries a 90mm gun. Yummy. And 18mm of armor!

0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Have any of you guys played around with the new perks yet?  The only crew I have at 100% is my JP crew & pre-patch I was at about 95% on their first skill, so post-patch they let you re-pick your skills & they come up at the same percentage they were at, and being so close to maxing out that skill anyways I decided to Mix & Match some -- some good stuff in there, notably (for me, at least) Situational Awareness, Smooth Ride & Recon.  Smooth Ride alone has already saved my ass a couple of times... :)

Berkut

Looks like they are finally revamping the Soviet line to "make them competitive":

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 01, 2012, 05:44:37 AM
Have any of you guys played around with the new perks yet?  The only crew I have at 100% is my JP crew & pre-patch I was at about 95% on their first skill, so post-patch they let you re-pick your skills & they come up at the same percentage they were at, and being so close to maxing out that skill anyways I decided to Mix & Match some -- some good stuff in there, notably (for me, at least) Situational Awareness, Smooth Ride & Recon.  Smooth Ride alone has already saved my ass a couple of times... :)
I find sixth sense to be by far the most useful.  Not only does it help to know when you're being detected for the purpose of safety, but it's also a great educational tool on how to hide yourself.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2012, 10:06:07 AM
I find sixth sense to be by far the most useful.  Not only does it help to know when you're being detected for the purpose of safety, but it's also a great educational tool on how to hide yourself.

yep, it will be great for my Jagdtiger

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2012, 10:06:07 AM

I can't tell how it indicates you are being seen.

0 rows returned