News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

And the whole easy to spot thing quite a problem because you should stay distant and snipe because that is how your advantages, namely accuracy and good-armor-if-they-can't properly-aim-at-you become relevant.

Except that, you cannot hide and you have like 50mm armor on top so a tier 4 or 5 artillery can have the time of his life shooting at you. So, you need to keep moving. Except that you cannot, really, because first, your teammates think you are invincible, so where you show up, they leave. Second, you have like 80mm armor on the sides and rear so the moment you let a tier 7 or 8 medium get a shot at you from the side you are done as your track falls down, your various components blow up and you catch fire.

Iormlund

Damn. I'm almost done with the 12t and have no cash to buy the 13t-75mm. I spent most of it in a so far underwhelming VK3601(H).

C.C.R.

Is it normal to get Invader twice & a Raider in 14 games in a Grille?  :P

DGuller

Sometime's people's tactical awareness makes me LOL.  I was pinned behind the cliff in my Tiger II, all alone, against Lowe, VK 4502A, Sherman, and Stug III on the other side.  If they all rushed me, I was dead.  Luckily, they instead chose to peek out one at a time, expose their lower glacis plate at an excellent angle for me, and wait until I reloaded before the next one had his turn.  Half of the time they didn't even fire after peeking out.   :lol:  End result:  3 dead enemies, and 1 crippled one who was finished off by the arty.  I generally don't gloat in chat, but I had to "LOL" at this display of tactical brilliance.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

Quote from: DGuller on February 26, 2012, 08:07:10 PM
Sometime's people's tactical awareness makes me LOL.  I was pinned behind the cliff in my Tiger II, all alone, against Lowe, VK 4502A, Sherman, and Stug III on the other side.  If they all rushed me, I was dead.  Luckily, they instead chose to peek out one at a time, expose their lower glacis plate at an excellent angle for me, and wait until I reloaded before the next one had his turn.  Half of the time they didn't even fire after peeking out.   :lol:  End result:  3 dead enemies, and 1 crippled one who was finished off by the arty.  I generally don't gloat in chat, but I had to "LOL" at this display of tactical brilliance.

I was on the other side of that in a GW Panther, where I had just killed 5 in an ugly set of close quarters battles (in an Arty close quarters is almost always ugly).  We had four tanks left including me versus a T92 backed up against a cliff.  The other three decided to rush one at a time and got picked off.  I arrived just in time to get killed last.

Iormlund

I've had a few of those moments, usually involving the Trollcannon. Got 7 kills in Campinovka last weekend before someone decided it might be a better idea to peek and kill me during the 2 months it takes to reload the thing. :lol:

Tamas

Yeah this is the most basic thing showing a player's experience I think. I mean the decision between flee/duel/charge in

Not always easy in the heat of battle though.

Recently I was near top with my T-20 on Arctic Region, and I mopped up a flank scoring 6 kills, but we lost the other flank, at the end it was my almost destroyed tank vs a 107mm-ed KV crawling back to stop me from capping. I was almost ready when he started shooting. I knew I should had just abandoned the cap and charged in so he couldn't turret-turn fast enough, but I just couldn't make myself give up  the almost-complete cap, tried a distant duel, and my meager remains of HPs didn't last more than a single KV shot :(

Tamas

Had the über Jagdtiger gun for a while, getting the hang of it. First awesome game with it. 7 kills, scoring 3 of those while being last of my team, outmaneuvering a 5-kill french heavy on the streets for the last one.

It is quite epic to mow down a wooden house with my tank to get a Tiger 2 hiding behind it.  :D

C.C.R.

Elited out my Jagdpanther this morning, which I guess is nice -- only 2.4 million creds away from buying a Ferd...

:P

C.C.R.

Gotta love when you guess wrong on which way your teammates are going -- in your arty.  By yourself... :P

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on February 26, 2012, 09:19:10 AM
Damn. I'm almost done with the 12t and have no cash to buy the 13t-75mm.

I love this weekends special. :lol:

DGuller

I have concluded that I should try my best to only buy tanks on specials, and not deviate from that plan unless I run out of tanks.  Those credits saved really add up.

Iormlund

Monday is a holiday here and I still had some gold lying around, so I got the 3-for-1 day Premium thing. Wow. What a difference it makes in income. I'm making craploads of cash every battle. I won't reach the 70k exp I need to buy the 13t-90mm during this special, but I'll definitely have the money for it when the time comes.

DGuller

I don't know if I said this before, but SU-152 with a 122mm gun is some seriously overpowered tank destroyer.  I've gotten 8 Boelter's Medals, and 4 of them were in SU-152.