News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

I've been able to get JagdTiger for a while now, and I'm closing on E-100 but with the costs of the top tier tanks I can't even begin to think about getting the JT if I want the E-100 anytime soon. XP grind is a bitch, but credit grind is an epic bitch.  :mad:

Habbaku

:huh:  Go play your Lowe some more if you want credits.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on October 26, 2011, 03:37:34 PM
:huh:  Go play your Lowe some more if you want credits.

Difference between E-75 and E-100 is about 4.5m. Best case scenario that's 45 games (more probably 60) with the Löwe for the credits alone. I don't have that kind of time these days.

DGuller

One of those matches where I didn't feel totally impotent in a Priest, and boy, what a match that was.  Still can't wait for when I get a real arty, the kind that can kill with brute force rather than surgeon's precision.

DGuller

And 4 kills the next game. :yeah: I think I'm getting a hang of the arty.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2011, 06:30:03 PM

Has anyone called you a cunt yet?

You aren't a master until someone calls you a cunt...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on October 26, 2011, 07:02:36 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2011, 06:30:03 PM

Has anyone called you a cunt yet?

You aren't a master until someone calls you a cunt...

One of my favorites was when this guy gave this whole spiel at the start of the match.  He goes on and on about how each time he gets killed by arty he creates a sock account so he can TK a bunch of arty before getting banned.  He's a lot less coherent than that though.  Of course he's one of the first people killed, by arty, and we all happily bid him adieu.

Considering he'd have to play a few sock games just to get to the point where there is any arty (or spend money to buy an upper tier tank), I was tempted to TK him to make sure he spent more time in his socks.

Slargos

Heh. I just got into a fight where the smallest tank was a Tiger II. 4 tier 10, 10 tier 9 and the lone tier 8 on each team. Dear GOD.  :homestar:

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on October 27, 2011, 03:58:43 AM
Heh. I just got into a fight where the smallest tank was a Tiger II. 4 tier 10, 10 tier 9 and the lone tier 8 on each team. Dear GOD.  :homestar:
Lol matchmaker.  :rolleyes:

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2011, 06:29:31 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 27, 2011, 03:58:43 AM
Lol matchmaker.  :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty rad. More like a clan match than a random. No SPGs either. Nirvana.

Tamas

I am sooo happy when I get a no-arties match with my Ferdinand.  I don't even care if I am not near the top. I can punish anything if I am not restricted in where I can stand still for more than 5 secs.

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on October 27, 2011, 07:19:23 AM
I am sooo happy when I get a no-arties match with my Ferdinand.  I don't even care if I am not near the top. I can punish anything if I am not restricted in where I can stand still for more than 5 secs.

Yup. I'm having a lot more fun without SPGs because it becomes more of a game of tactical positioning to avoid the enemy tanks rather than random death raining from the sky, praying that the arty is focusing on someone other than you.

DGuller

Some asshole on the Cliff map was blocking me for a couple of minutes, probably pissed about the minor collision at the start of the game.  I guess eventually he decided that fighting the enemy would be nice, and peeked out from the cliff, while being right in front of me.  He then came under fire from a couple of enemy tanks, so he had to retreat.  Unfortunately, I could not move back in time. :whistle:  :(  His corpse did make for a nice cover, though.

Shade

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2011, 07:18:30 PM
Some asshole on the Cliff map was blocking me for a couple of minutes, probably pissed about the minor collision at the start of the game.  I guess eventually he decided that fighting the enemy would be nice, and peeked out from the cliff, while being right in front of me.  He then came under fire from a couple of enemy tanks, so he had to retreat.  Unfortunately, I could not move back in time. :whistle:  :(  His corpse did make for a nice cover, though.

haha... on the same map a t-14 and I were playing peekaboo against an m7 (I was in a t-1) The t-14 was taking most of this hits and was down a whole bit. I have a finishing shot on the m7 so I took hit... idiot drives right across me and I kill him.... some people just do not think of the secondary effects of their actions.... Luckily though the penalty was small because he had so few hp left.