And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Yeah, plus I've got a KV AND a KV-3.

DGuller

This is one of the most disappointing specials for me.  Not only do I not have a single tank that's eligible, but it also doesn't give half price off on the equipment.

Berkut

I ahve both a PzIV and a KV, and I've been bouncing between them a little bit.

It's funny, with the KV I hope to be top tier. Then I just drive around blowing things away and keeping my eye out for other KVs and TDs.

With the PzIV, I actually hope to be mid tier. With the 75L70, I can reliably pen anything T5 or T6 from the side, and since I don't want to go face up even with T5 tanks, it doesn't really matter if they are a little higher - just gives me more HPs to take off, and hence more creds.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Iormlund

Just held the entire open flank on Sigfried Line, bagging 5 including a Tiger and a Panther. 1000+ exp and 50k credits without premium.
Won the round by rushing at flank speed (on my KV-3) at the cap zone when we were 90% to 90% captured, going to draw. :lol:

Iormlund

My first Object goes down! He was at 1%. :P

Just noticed that I need about 100 battles to get the IS ...

Iormlund

Well I must say that I'm really warming up to the KV-3. I hadn't played it that much up until now, but I'm throughly enjoying it currently. I've gone from 44% to 53% of victories in an evening. It's the first turreted tank where I have more kills than deaths, not to mention a 40+% survival rate.

Slargos

AHHHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

I just got a Wittman's in my Ferdi. Playing Alps, me and a Panther II managed to take out the northern path and I figured he would race on to capture the now vacant enemy flag while I would return to the middle to pick off attacking tanks. Instead he chooses to take the Löwe sitting on the bridge from behind, and promptly gets himself killed, almost at the same time as the west and center flanks evaporate.

I curse at him and start moving back to defend the flag now that I'm alone against two mediums, a TD and a heavy. Get back to the base just in time to stop the first med from his capture attempt, and start reversing up the hill. The goddamned morons aren't fast enough to prevent me from ascent, and I just start picking them off one by one as they arrive to take me down.  :D

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on October 14, 2011, 02:50:35 PM
Just noticed that I need about 100 battles to get the IS ...

Half way there already. :)

DGuller

I have decided to come back to KV and go for S-51.  I really hope I won't regret that.

DGuller

First battle with Tiger II:  3 kills.  Next 9 battles:  0 kills. :bleeding:

Habbaku

Did you make sure to fire the cannon?  Sometimes, I forget to fire the cannon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on October 15, 2011, 10:37:13 PM
First battle with Tiger II:  3 kills.  Next 9 battles:  0 kills. :bleeding:

I actually had a similar experience with both the KT and the E-75.

First battle went swimming, and then I had a bitch of a time the next dozen. I think I went through a 9 battle losing streak in the E-75. Now I've clawed my way up to 49% winning but it was as if I had to re-learn everything I knew about driving heavies both times.

Tamas

Berkut, you are not playing on the European servers, are you?

Iormlund

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on October 16, 2011, 07:31:18 AM
Why would he?

IDK. I just saw a "Berkut" in game. Must be an other Russian then.