News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Killed 3 tanks in T-50 while being at the bottom third of the field.  Fired 17 shots, hit 10 times, despite the fact that I fired pretty much every shot on the move. :yeah: I love those games.

Iormlund

I hate T-50s. Sneaky little buggers everyone seems to miss while I always get tracked on the first shot when driving my PzIII/IV or Leopard at 70 kmh.

JonasSalk

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 08, 2011, 11:48:55 PM
Whoever suggested the Marder II:

You are awesome.

I had the most fun I've ever had in this game playing the Marder II. It has an incredible gun, it's fast to shoot...delicious.
Yuman

Iormlund

After the disappointment with German TDs, I'm trying Soviet. Just had one of those rounds where you should be cannon fodder and you manage not to. Stock SU-76 vs KVs in Sigfried line. Sniper -- 19 out of 20 shots on target -- BT-7 and PzIII destroyed, mauled KV. I ended the round running circles around the KV, even shooting it a couple times while at it. :lol:

DGuller

Soviet TDs are an acquired taste as well.  American TD line is by far my favorite, although its TDs aren't TDs at all in middle tiers.

Berkut

Yeah, I was definitely a little dissapointed with the German line. The StugIII was the best of the bunch, and the JagdPanther very disappointing.

The US T25AT is a much better JagdPanther than the JagdPanther.

Now that my T25 is upgraded, I almost don't want to play it, because I know I wont like the T28 nearly as much.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Things get worse after StuG III?  Yikes.  I guess I know which line I'm going to cut from my bloated tank lineup.

Iormlund

I didn't like the StugIII at all. Sold it a few days ago. The one I liked best was Marder II, though I admit the little trollcannon on Hezter was fun on its own way.

DGuller

StuG rapes when matched near the top, but is otherwise quite useless regardless of which gun you mount.  Thankfully, I did get matched well a couple of times, with the corresponding ~5 kill games, but really in most games I expect to die pointlessly, and I'm rarely disappointed.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2011, 10:07:25 AM
Yeah, I was definitely a little dissapointed with the German line. The StugIII was the best of the bunch, and the JagdPanther very disappointing.

err, the JagdPANTHER? That is one awesome tank when fully upgraded, and once it has the long 88, not to mention the 105, it is a decent sniper even with otherwise stock equipment.

You have decent mobility and turn rate with acceptable front armor and HP, plus a 105mm gun which has very nice penetration and very good accuracy.

Berkut

Yeah, the JagdPanther has a whole lot of "decent" and "acceptable" about it.

It isn't really awesome at all, and the T25 AT has better armor, better gun, just as good accuracy (or close enough not to matter) and better mobility.

The only thing that the JP has over the T25 is better concealment, so far as I can tell.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2011, 01:43:33 PM

It isn't really awesome at all, and the T25 AT has better armor, better gun, just as good accuracy (or close enough not to matter) and better mobility.

The only thing that the JP has over the T25 is better concealment, so far as I can tell.

well yes, but the American AT guns are gay

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2011, 01:47:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2011, 01:43:33 PM

well yes, but the American AT guns are gay

Ahh, so it must be the SU-152 you are comparing the JP to and finding it awesome.

What is so awesome about it compared to the Soviet T7 TD then?

0 rows returned

DGuller

I find JagdPanthers to be surprisingly soft targets more often than not.  Generally I really hate shooting at the front of any German vehicle above tier 6, because it's almost guaranteed to bounce.  However, somehow the front of JagdPanther, despite being sloped, seems to really take to my rounds.

Slargos

I just soloed an undamaged E-100 on Himmelsdorf in my E-50 with stock gun. Jesus fucking CHRIST that felt good. Didn't even matter that we lost the game. Fucker had already pasted me twice one of which set me on fire, and he'd been stalking me for a good few minutes.

I managed to sneak up behind him as he was racing to defend the flag and started pelting him in the bunghole with my ~200 damage shots. Finally managed to take him down to 72 hp as he managed to get his side armour towards me against which I was powerless, but I had the presence of mind to switch to HE and finished him off with 2 more shots. Glorious.