News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Yeah, the starter gun on the T25 (which is really just the old gun on the Slugger) is excellent, not least because of the improved firing rate that it brings to the table.  I can't wait for the bigger piece, though.  Then I'll just be able to wreck things.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

The T25 with the 105mm is awesome.

I tell you, it is the awesomest TD in the game. Fast, nimble, good armor, great gun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Arvoreen

I finally upgraded to the 90mm in my slugger....wow, what a difference over the starter gun.  Although at least initially, I miss the amazingly fast reload time I was enjoying in the 76mm.....double the damage however from the 90 is sweet.

C.C.R.

Am I just extremely unlucky, or is the StugIII the biggest piece of fucking shit evah?

Habbaku

Unlucky.  The Stug is awesome.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Fuck, I can't take a breath without getting one-shot by something...

:mad:

I think I'll go smoke a cigarette & try it again.  I rocked in the Hetzer, so I don't get what I'm doing wrong here.  Maybe I'll pull the camo net off of the Wespe...

Habbaku

Take things slow.  Move from cover to cover and always remember that you don't have a turret.  Try to let others lead the way so you can nip at the side-armor of your targets or at least so that your potential kills are shooting at someone else.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on October 07, 2011, 12:08:47 AM
Take things slow.  Move from cover to cover and always remember that you don't have a turret.  Try to let others lead the way so you can nip at the side-armor of your targets or at least so that your potential kills are shooting at someone else.

Yep. The Stug III is great, but probably not in what you are trying to use it for.

It is the second best pure sniper TDs on the German line, after the Marder II. So play like a sniper: stay back, hide, shoot over long distance if possible, and relocate (which it can do quick and fast) if you think you might have been spotted.

Iormlund

It's pretty shitty without the L70. Until then, just stick to the howitzer and use speed to your advantage. Unlike the Hezter, you'll die if anyone sneezes your way, so keep moving.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Iormlund on October 07, 2011, 07:22:17 AM
Unlike the Hezter, you'll die if anyone sneezes your way, so keep moving.

That's the part that really threw me last night -- that I was getting one-shotted left & right.  Things got better once I went to Total Weasel Mode...
:ccr

Iormlund

I just had a tremendously fun round with the KV.

Tier 8 battle at Mines. Since I lack speed and accuracy I go round the right flank to the village while enemy team quickly takes hill. I take position at the crossroads by the church while one of our heavies goes the direct path through vineyard. We start dancing with one, then two, finally three heavies, 2 KV-3 and a IS. While they are concentrated on my mate, I finish two of those and severely damage the other, who dies shorty after as a med arrives to help. Despite that, by then my noobish team has managed to be almost completely wiped out. So I go back, hugging the hill slope so as to spot for others and take advantage of blind angles of those up there. I then manage to hold off a Type 59, another IS and finish off a Tiger (maybe KT). Finally, a KV-3 shoots me from cover.

9 trollcannon shots, 8 hits, all on higher tiered heavies.

DGuller

I love those battles where you're outmatched, but still manage to wreak havoc.  XP gain from them doesn't hurt either.

JonasSalk

Priest vs. E-75.
Priest vs. Object 704 (or whatever the TD one is)

I hate playing a Priest.
Yuman

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on October 07, 2011, 11:35:19 AM
I love those battles where you're outmatched, but still manage to wreak havoc.  XP gain from them doesn't hurt either.

Yep.

99% of of the fun of this game is understanding the respective strengths & weaknesses of your vehicle & your teammates vehicles in any given match, then having to adjust your actions accordingly -- and hope you don't get blindsided by somebody four tiers higher than you because you chose to go Left instead of Right...

:P

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on October 07, 2011, 11:35:19 AM

Yes, that is why I loved the Trollcannon.

"problem?" :D