And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on October 03, 2011, 07:11:05 AM
Quote from: Shade on October 03, 2011, 06:30:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHu3SxswWk&feature=related  Here this may help sorry I do not know how to embed

I never said it was impossible, only that it requires a set of very specific circumstances, of which number a skilled T-34 driver and either another distracting tank OR an unskilled KV driver.

Which differs from what I said how exactly? As I said, the KV needs to be out alone in the open, which might happen given noob-enough teammates but once you learn to drive it, you never ever risk that happening.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on October 03, 2011, 01:32:25 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 02, 2011, 06:13:14 PM
Quote from: Slargos on October 02, 2011, 01:21:14 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on October 02, 2011, 12:40:06 PM
You're wrong. The T-34 can penetrate the KV point blank with ease. Hell PzIII and T-28 can. And they are faster, too.

As long as you don't have backup or a wall nearby you're toast.
Yes, but it takes what.. 8-10 shots to kill it? Like I said, unlucky or rather careless enough to be caught in the open without a wall to keep the T-34 from circling and sure the T-34 can theoretically win. I've never had that happen in the KV because I am not a blithering idiot.

Meh, 8-10 shots? I dunno how many it takes, but certainly not that many.

Pretty easy to track the KV as well.

The T-34 with the 57mm is a great little vehicle.

The T-34/85 eats KVs for lunch.

edit: 57mm averages about 85 damage. KV has 660 HPs. So that means it needs ~8 penetrating shots to kill, and it fires 28 rounds/minute or so. So you are looking at a reasonable case of a T-34 killing a KV in less than 20 seconds.

Assuming every shot penetrates. Assuming every shot does maximum damage. Assuming every shot hits where it does damage to the tank rather than a module. Assuming the KV is alone. Assuming the KV is in the open.

A lot of assumptions. I still haven't seen it done in the game.

No, that is the average damage. Average does not mean maximum.

And if you've never seen a KV taken out by a equal tier medium, you must not play very much, because it is not all that unusual. I have several hundred matches in my KV, and I've certainly been killed by mediums. Certainly a straight up 1 on 1 matchup is rare just because it is not often that a KV finds itself alone (and 1 on 1 matchups are rare in general), but if it happened I would not be surprised to lose that match up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2011, 07:13:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHu3SxswWk&feature=related  Here this may help sorry I do not know how to embed

I never said it was impossible, only that it requires a set of very specific circumstances, of which number a skilled T-34 driver and either another distracting tank OR an unskilled KV driver.

Which differs from what I said how exactly? As I said, the KV needs to be out alone in the open, which might happen given noob-enough teammates but once you learn to drive it, you never ever risk that happening.

Of course you do. There are times when that risk is perfectly reasonable. Never risk that? Hardly.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 07:24:26 AM

Of course you do. There are times when that risk is perfectly reasonable. Never risk that? Hardly.

ok not never, obviously the "death penalty" is not nearly severe enough for that. But I rarely soloed with the KV, most of the time I was with my two friends so I never really had to risk it.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2011, 07:29:01 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 07:24:26 AM

ok not never, obviously the "death penalty" is not nearly severe enough for that. But I rarely soloed with the KV, most of the time I was with my two friends so I never really had to risk it.

Of course. It isn't ideal certainly, the KV is not a "hang out on your own" kind of tank, but that doesn't mean it isn't rather worthwhile under the right circumstances to risk it. Hell, even if you are not "risking it", you know what happens to me plenty?

I am cruising around looking for trouble with a couple friends, and we find some. Said trouble thinks "Lets kill the little guys first!" and blows away my friends while I am hammering them. Oh look, suddenly I am solo!

I find it bizarre how often discussion like this seem to be based on some theoretical plane where words like "never" are thrown about like they actually mean something, and the presumption is that any time you find yourself in a non-ideal situation, you must be some kind of newbtool.

0 rows returned

C.C.R.

FINALLY just got my 1st Top Gun -- a seven-kill in my Hetzer...

:)

I'm basically rotating games in my Hetzer, Luchs, Wespe & PzIII/IV, depending on what I'm in the mood to do...

Iormlund

I was finally enjoying my PzIII after getting it upgraded and mounting the tiny derp gun, but today my losing streak has been disheartening. I think I've lost almost a dozen games before winning one. Even the few matches where I took out some arty and scouts were hopeless.

Also, WTB skirts for my tracks. :shifty:

Berkut

Me and Habs were playing a platoon, and I was trying to get a win on Tiger II for the daily double. We must have played 5 straight matches with me getting 3 or more kills per match, yet still losing every single time.

Of course once I get killed without any kills, we won. Personally, I think Habs might have been sandbagging.

0 rows returned

Tamas

ok lol, a camo-netted Marder II is just AWESOME

I bought one for nostalgia and for farming free XP (elite). What a tidy pack of sniping joy.

Slargos

Le fucking sigh.

Alps.

All the defending IS has to do now that center and north are cleared is STAY IN HIS GODDAMNED POSITION AND DELAY THE 3 REMAINING ENEMY TANKS IN WEST.

I've finally ground down the opposition in center in my E-75 and I'm racing to take West in the ass. What does he do? Charge all the way across the map to take their flag.

Why the hell do I play this game when it only serves to raise my blood pressure? :bleeding:

DGuller

I finally retired the Slugger.  Like all American tanks, it was a mighty tin can, especially with the 90 mm gun.

Habbaku

Can't wait to get the bigger gun in my T25.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Wow, T25 is an even mightier tin can.  First ever battle with it, and nearly got a Top Gun, with 5 kills.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2011, 07:53:27 PM
Wow, T25 is an even mightier tin can.  First ever battle with it, and nearly got a Top Gun, with 5 kills.

:yes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Only one kill in the second battle.  :(

I really love that 90 mm gun.  Even when it's just a starter gun, it's still far from being outclassed.  My T29 raped plenty with it while working its way towards the 105 mm one.