News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: frunk on September 30, 2011, 08:36:10 AM
Anybody interested in forming a Languish team for this?  I could certainly show up in a Bison.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/notifications/ign-prime-world-tanks-tournament-sign-ups-open-all

Of course right now it looks like the signup page generates an error, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks for the link, Frunk.  Free 750 gold, free premium Stuart, free 7 days of premium?  Ker-ching!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Quote from: frunk on September 30, 2011, 08:36:10 AM
Anybody interested in forming a Languish team for this?  I could certainly show up in a Bison.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/notifications/ign-prime-world-tanks-tournament-sign-ups-open-all

Of course right now it looks like the signup page generates an error, but maybe that's just me.
I would be up for that. I place my Stuart, my Marder II, and my SU-26 at Languish's disposal.  :P
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

C.C.R.

So, for giggles I got a Pz 35, thinking that maybe I'll work laterally in the tech tree.  Or something.  It sounded like a good idea at the time.  It's even more fun now, running amok feasting on
Tier 1's - not that my Tier 2 is that much better, but just because sooooo many of them are clueless FNG's.  Makes me feel better about myself...

:P

Tamas

Too bad that tournament thingie appears to be US only.

I pwn in my JagdPanther with the 105mm gun. Which is great (very decent damage, good penetration, good accuracy), except that it costs a fortune. With 1k+ credits per shell, the days of hoarding credits are over.

Iormlund

The matchmaker in this game is really, really broken.

DGuller

Quote from: Iormlund on October 01, 2011, 12:47:10 PM
The matchmaker in this game is really, really broken.
That's what Germans said when they ran into Kolobanov's KVs.

Habbaku

It's also what every whiner bleats about.  It's right up there with "my team sucks" and "we would win if not for X."
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Iormlund

The KV is not much of a problem. Heavies in such tiers are usually outnumbered by TDs anyway.

Facing scores of tier 7 or 8 heavies and the like on my StugIII or T34 in every other match, OTOH, is frankly getting ridiculous. I just don't get the point of playing those games.

Kleves

Just got my first Top Gun. 7 kills with my SU-26.  :cool:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

JonasSalk

KV vs. E-75. This happened twice to me last night.

You decide who won.
Yuman

DGuller

Quote from: JonasSalk on October 01, 2011, 06:55:01 PM
KV vs. E-75. This happened twice to me last night.

You decide who won.
KV won both times? :console:

Iormlund

I can relate. Finally bought KV, crossed bridge on Mountain Pass, stumbled onto an IS-4. I had burnt free exp to get to the mini trollcannon, so I did mange to ruin his paintjob.

Berkut

I actually think the matchmaker does a pretty impressive job for the most part.

While any particular individual may end up in a crappy match, the matches themselves are generally well balanced, and more importantly, quickly started.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JonasSalk

There needs to be some sort of three-tier limit, meaning nobody more than three (preferably two) tiers higher than them in the match.

That way my KV wouldn't go up against goddamn E-75s and would instead be casually destroyed by ISes and T-32s, instead.
Yuman

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 01, 2011, 07:44:08 PM
I actually think the matchmaker does a pretty impressive job for the most part.

While any particular individual may end up in a crappy match, the matches themselves are generally well balanced, and more importantly, quickly started.

I generally agree but as Habbaku Jr. said, the tier limits are off, especially for heavies who seem to have it the worse.
Which is bad. Sure, a heavy is superior in armor, and often in damage, to the same tiered mediums, but it is also much slower and quite impossible to hide away in general. So they shouldn't get a special (bad) treat.