News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 07, 2011, 03:40:45 PM
How did you guys get the Hetzer to work?  I really hated it and could never come to grips with it, and was happy to blow some of my free experience to skip ahead to StuG.

well maxed engine with 105mm gun is very ok. I am not doing anything non-TD-standard thing with it, really.

JonasSalk

How did you guys get the Hetzer to work?  I really hated it and could never come to grips with it, and was happy to blow some of my free experience to skip ahead to StuG.

Get the up-gunned 105mm and stay in rocks and bushes so you're camo'd. Wait for someone to come by you until you know you can hit. Plug them and they're dead in one shot. Watch out for heavy tanks, however, because they will fuck you hard because the 105 can't penetrate for shit.
Yuman

C.C.R.

This game is soooooo addicting, but I royally suck...

:blush:

Tamas

Quote from: JonasSalk on September 07, 2011, 10:10:04 PM

Get the up-gunned 105mm and stay in rocks and bushes so you're camo'd. Wait for someone to come by you until you know you can hit. Plug them and they're dead in one shot. Watch out for heavy tanks, however, because they will fuck you hard because the 105 can't penetrate for shit.

Well you can be pretty useful in helping chipping down heavys if you manage to shoot them from the side, and if you can get in two shots from behind, you can take them alone.

Iormlund

Started playing this one yesterday. When I looked at the clock it was 3 AM. :blush:
Was thinking initially of going for Leo on Krauts (got a fully decked Pz. II) and progressing down the Soviet medium tree as soon as economically viable.

Iormlund

I'm finally having a lot of success with the little Panzerjäger. I used to be eaten alive by arty until I decided to stay way back, I set up shop somewhere high and snipe to my hearts content.
Scouting seems easier as well as tiers go up and there are less light tanks around. I'm getting a crapload of exp and credits just spotting for our arty.
I think I'm going to try a Wespe now ...

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on September 10, 2011, 06:25:17 AM
I'm finally having a lot of success with the little Panzerjäger. I used to be eaten alive by arty until I decided to stay way back, I set up shop somewhere high and snipe to my hearts content.
Scouting seems easier as well as tiers go up and there are less light tanks around. I'm getting a crapload of exp and credits just spotting for our arty.
I think I'm going to try a Wespe now ...

Relocate, for any slight chance of being spotted. If you are not sure, backpedal from your cover, wait a bit, if no incoming fire, you are safe to resume. Do not expect to be passively safe from arty - the further AT tanks have much better damage but are not so über-snipers as the Panzerjager

Iormlund

That was how I started hunting tanks. Problems is the Jäger is both slow and made of old cardboard boxes. With the amount of arty out there more often than not I can't escape in time.
I'll try again when I have enough dough for a Marder II.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Iormlund on September 10, 2011, 08:58:18 AM
That was how I started hunting tanks. Problems is the Jäger is both slow and made of old cardboard boxes. With the amount of arty out there more often than not I can't escape in time.
I'll try again when I have enough dough for a Marder II.

I'm in the Marder II now, grinding for the 7.6cm gun (almost there).  It's fun to grab some cover with, hang back & Snipe, but it still feels slow as shit & is made out of cardboard boxes...

:P

Alexandru H.

I'm on a Marder 2, slowly waiting to get the cash for a Hetzer. It's a great machine (and the 7,6 rocks).

Berkut

I just started using the T25 US AT.

It is what the JagdPanther should have been. Good armor, excellent mobility, nice gun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: Alexandru H. on September 10, 2011, 02:16:30 PM
I'm on a Marder 2, slowly waiting to get the cash for a Hetzer. It's a great machine (and the 7,6 rocks).

Yeah, I got the 7.6 a little after that post & have been playing with it some.  Definitely more fun...

:ccr

Crazy_Ivan80

my handle is Crazy_Ivan80 in case anyone wonders.

JonasSalk

I'm sometimes utterly amazed at how blazingly fast Soviet TDs can go. My little Hetzer can't hope to get anywhere near that even with the best engine.
Yuman

Iormlund

I'm on a Marder II as well now. Without the 76 mm it is basically the same as my old Jäger with much better traverse. Problem is, I'm now facing 2 or 3 KVs plus Stugs every round. Hearing 'bounce' every 2 seconds gets old fast. Especially when you are shooting from the sides or behind.

As for the Wespe, it was a bad idea. I'm by far the most incompetent artilleryman in the Third Reich. I'm getting two or three hits per map, which when facing Tigers and Stalin tanks means they still have about 75%r HP left.

Only my trusted Luchs is pulling its weight against enemies two tiers above it. Which is not that hard since it only has to hide behind bushes and run very very fast towards their arty. Sometimes it even makes it to the end of the round.