News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I decided to try out the public beta, to satisfy my hunger for WoT action.  Interestingly enough, public beta is solely Russian, and mostly Russians play there.  Another interesting things is that Russiansa absolutely suck; I manage 10x my average XP gain when playing on the test server.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2011, 09:59:20 AM
I decided to try out the public beta, to satisfy my hunger for WoT action.  Interestingly enough, public beta is solely Russian, and mostly Russians play there.  Another interesting things is that Russiansa absolutely suck; I manage 10x my average XP gain when playing on the test server.

:lol:

:homestar:

DGuller

It's funny how often Russians say something nasty about Americans, and assume that I can't understand it.  :lol:

Tamas

lol that was funny and frustrating: for a change, I got into a game with mostly tier 3 stuff with my Hetzer. We were near losing, but I pounded two attacking waves into oblivion, scoring 4 kills in the process. Except that when I was alone, the last two enemy attacked my flag, and after I destroyed the medium tank, the light one used it as cover inside our base, and basically we were playing catch until the counter reached 100 and I lost.  :yucky:

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on September 04, 2011, 05:50:12 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2011, 04:58:20 AM
I know the Hetzer is a higher tier, but does it have the awesome firepower of the maxed out Marder gun? In other words, does it worth the credits?

The Marder is a very special tank. The guy with the highest victory % on the Euro server plays the Marder exclusively, so for its tier it is obviously one of the most efficient tanks of the game.

I prefer the Hetzer, however, since it is the first german TD that can actually trade shots with the tanks it faces. The hetzer also has one of the best TD camo ratings of the game, AFAIK, so it's a great platform. My favourite tank of the game is the JagdPanther, and since the Hetzer is a stepping stone towards it, obviously my answer is going to be: Yes. It's worth it.

:thumbsup: I love the Hetzer. The 10.5cm gun can punch, and as you said it's so nice to trade shots instead of just insta-blowing when I get spotted.

JonasSalk

I have a Hetzer with the 105mm cannon on it and...wow. WHEN I can manage to penetrate something, it typically dies in one shot. Doom cannon.
Yuman

frunk

Hetzer's were near the top of my list of "dangerous things I need to blow up" when I was in my Wespe and Grille.

Slargos

Quote from: JonasSalk on September 04, 2011, 01:31:46 PM
I have a Hetzer with the 105mm cannon on it and...wow. WHEN I can manage to penetrate something, it typically dies in one shot. Doom cannon.

That's how HE works. High damage, but low penetration. If it can penetrate it, it can typically one-shoot it.

Slargos

I'm enjoying the E-75 so far. Still using the 10.5 from the KT but the added armour and HP is nice.

Though frankly, I think I've passed the point where I can't get angry any more.

I just got a Wittman in my 3rd battle, but still we lost when a single medium ran the long way around and pasted one arty in our base while hte other ran. The Löwe defending the base had gone AFK and the TD on defense didn't move to defend the flag.

Usually I would be frothing by now, but I simply can't gather the energy. It's just typical.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on August 01, 2011, 09:32:46 AM
One thing we agree on though is that a Battletech game based on this engine would be pretty awesome. You could do a lot with the classes, research, and tech trees in the BT universe.
That's cool.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Berkut on August 01, 2011, 09:32:46 AM
One thing we agree on though is that a Battletech game based on this engine would be pretty awesome. You could do a lot with the classes, research, and tech trees in the BT universe.

Such a game existed in the very early 2000s. My brother and I played the beta and it was every bit like World of Tanks is, only within the BT universe, and you fought battles over control of various planets and such just like WoT has the big clan war thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_BattleTech_3025

Mega sadface when it was canceled, as it was amazing fun.
Yuman

C.C.R.

About to go get my ass blown away in my first game.  Handle is Doghouse_Riley...

C.C.R.

OMFG this game *IS* addictive...

And finally got my first kill (and hit, for that matter) in my 7th battle.  Was the last guy left alive on my team (because my starter tank is so fucking slow & couldn't keep up with our zerg rush) & was creeping up on the enemies flag.  They were already camped on ours, so nothing to do but sneak in the back way & start plinking defenders until time ran out...

:P

Tamas

9 kills in a single round with my Hetzer!  :cool:

DGuller

How did you guys get the Hetzer to work?  I really hated it and could never come to grips with it, and was happy to blow some of my free experience to skip ahead to StuG.