Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 10:56:10 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 10:46:05 PM
My ability to make credits has pretty much tanked.

My high end vehicles are averaging far less than 10k net per battle, sometimes it is even negative.

How is the Lowe such a credit machine? My IS is a T7 heavy, shouldn't it make pretty much equivalent in creds?
Premium tanks get an XP and credit bonus.  As all such bonuses, the effect on the net return is leveraged.

Now that is some serious bullshit. So the reason my effective creds is shit is I am not willing to pay even more of a premium than my already "premium" account.

Fixed DG's post.

The credit bonus is 50%.

There is no XP bonus.

The cost of running high tier tanks being so high is deliberate, since it encourages the use of lower tiers. There's always [yeah, yeah, within reason] going to be enough cheapskate freeloaders who don't buy stuff (or even a premium account) that I doubt the Löwe will practically impact this functionality.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 01, 2011, 01:26:45 AM

The cost of running high tier tanks being so high is deliberate, since it encourages the use of lower tiers wallet warriors.

FYP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

I've only got a 26% hit rate with the Grille, but I'm averaging over 600 damage per match.  Considering I'm in a Tier 4 SPG that's roughly equivalent to taking out a Tier 5 Heavy each time, and includes the first ~30 some games with the crappy original gun.

I've noticed my results are getting much better as my crew improves.  The Grille is the first tank I've spent enough time in to get experience up past 75%, and it makes a big difference.

Berkut

Yeah, I wish there was a cheaper way to keep a crew at 100% when they switch. Seems bizarre that it costs just as much gold to keep a crew at 100% as it does to get them there in the first place.

There should be a 50g or so "maintain their current level" option. I mostly just use the 20k creds to only lose about 10%. Once you get into the upper tiers you are fighting enough matches in the new tank that they will be back to 100% pretty quickly.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 01, 2011, 01:12:55 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 10:00:22 PM
On the other hand, my kill rate is 0.75 per match, whereas yours is 0.61 per match.  I'd rather keep missing if that nets me more kills.  :P

.83, 64%.  :hmm:

Against a bunch of Euros that is downright embarassing. :P

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 01, 2011, 09:07:11 AM
Quote from: Slargos on August 01, 2011, 01:12:55 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 10:00:22 PM
On the other hand, my kill rate is 0.75 per match, whereas yours is 0.61 per match.  I'd rather keep missing if that nets me more kills.  :P

.83, 64%.  :hmm:

Against a bunch of Euros that is downright embarassing. :P

A not entirely unfounded accusation.

My damage output per game is 732. Feels very low, but about 30% of my games are in dunce tanks.

I think it's a far more interesting figure, though, since it's far more important to the potential for victory than kills are.

Berkut

I got Habs to try this, and he liked it. I dont' know if he will play when he gets back home or not though.

One thing we agree on though is that a Battletech game based on this engine would be pretty awesome. You could do a lot with the classes, research, and tech trees in the BT universe.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Looking at my stats a different picture emerges though, now that I think about it.

Löwe, 1261 average damage, 0.93 kills per battle. 47% victory.
JagdPanther, 1170 avg dmg, 1.28 kpb, 60%.
Ferdinand, 1172 avg dmg, 0.89 kpb, 55%.
Tiger I, 938, 0.87, 45%.

Data is inconclusive.  :hmm:

It seems I have a lot of work to do, however. I like to think that inflicting at least as much damage as I can soak is a good benchmark for performance, and while I'm doing very well in the JP, I'm only breaking even in the Ferdi and I'm way below in the Tiger and Löwe.

Come to think of it, the Ferdi and the JP are my best "line" tanks when it comes to inflicted/soak ratio and they are also the ones with my best victory ratio (discounting tanks whose damage output is less important to victory than their scouting or assassination abilities).

Interesting implications.

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on August 01, 2011, 09:50:58 AM
Looking at my stats a different picture emerges though, now that I think about it.

Löwe, 1261 average damage, 0.93 kills per battle. 47% victory.
JagdPanther, 1170 avg dmg, 1.28 kpb, 60%.
Ferdinand, 1172 avg dmg, 0.89 kpb, 55%.
Tiger I, 938, 0.87, 45%.

Data is inconclusive.  :hmm:

What's the trend the past decades?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Ensk.

Rolling in my Ferdi. New goal in mind. Instead of grinding quick games for xp, or struggling for as many kills as possible, my goal with the Ferdi will be testing my theory that scoring hits worth more than my own HP will radically increase the chance of victory. It should theoretically be enough to strike 3 times, given that the 128 on the Ferdinand should do around 490 damage per hit and it has 1200 HP. Given that modules and crewmembers tend to "soak up" damage which is then not subtracted from the Tank's HP pool, and given that it's going to be difficult at best to calculate this on the fly, I'm going to attemp at least 5 good (IE hits that do their full damage potential, not killing the target) hits per match.

Off to a good start, as it seems instead of hiding in the buildings in the west, the enemy heavies have decided to play a sniper duel along the western most lane. Properly angled around a corner, they're going to have a very tough time against my Ferdi. 3 rapid succession hits nets 2 kills. "Hahaha", laughs the maniacal voice in my head, "These guys are going to feel a lot of pain until they realize the error of their ways."

Out of the corner of my eye I notice a red pip moving to flank me. "WTF?" I muse, "There shouldn't be any flankers this early in the match."

In my glee over the turkey shoot, I have neglected to notice that THE ENTIRE GODDAMNED TEAM HAS LEMMINGED EAST.

I am flanked by a fucking enemy FERDINAND.

Predictably, the lemming trail gets raped, and since the open path to our flag is much shorter than the lemming path around the forest and back into the city, they win by capture.

One of these days, I need to get my kill switch wish. I would use it sparingly. At most a few thousand people would die at my fingers.

frunk

Least favorite map?  Himmelsdorf hands down.  Cramped map, no good sight lines for artillery except down the sides, and those offer hardly any hiding places.  I've taken to playing TD with my Grille if I get stuck on there.

Slargos

:lol:

Yeah, you artillery pukes really don't do very well in that map. I love it.

Although I've seen some SPGs play a disturbingly good TD role, especially when working in packs. Since the shells do so much damage people are afraid of facing them and you can typically rotate who's shooting. I saw 3 SPGs take out 4-5 heavies in Ensk that way. Granted, they were attacking more or less one at a time, but still...

Slargos

Too early to say anything, really, but there's the 6 matches since I started applying the philosophy of forgetting the glory chase, and just focusing on getting in some good hits.

Game 1: Victory (Didn't think to check the stats, something like 4-5 hits)
Game 6: Defeat (Ensk debacle, 3 hits, around 1000 damage)
Game 3: Victory 2033 damage
Game 4: Victory 2877 damage
Game 5: Defeat 3241 damage (Managed to rack up 6 kills but was let down by the 3 tanks on defense who didn't manage to score ONE damaging hits on the 2 mediums that sprinted for a camp. One measily hit and I would've been in range to deal with them. FFFFFUUUUUU)
Game 6: Victory 1757

All survivals save for game 2.

I am feeling pretty confident this is the change in play I needed.  :hmm:

frunk

Some SPGs are better suited as substitute TDs than others.  Any of the ones with a decent rate of fire, decent traverse speed or acceleration can do ok.  They still give a new floor to glass cannon.  The Grille is not very good at it at all, and I'm usually happy if I can get two good hits in before getting pounded by the first tank that glances my way.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son