News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoreen

Massively is giving away promo codes for World of Tanks this weekend: http://t.co/zGnwsNs

Habbaku

QuoteSorry, no more keys are available.

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Threviel

Slargieboy and other euros: What's your nick?

Slargos

Quote from: Threviel on September 03, 2011, 03:31:35 AM
Slargieboy and other euros: What's your nick?

I nick Slargmann

I play next to nothing these days though. I've even stopped doing my daily doubles. Insane-busy at work, to the point that when I get home all I have the energy for is dropping into bed.  :homestar:

Shade

What is better if I were to pay gold for a tank. The KV-5 or spend 5,000 more gold and get the Lowe? I feel like the KV-5 is better because of the larger amount of Armour and the few more hp it has but I am no expert so I have no idea. What do you guys think?

Berkut

SO I finished the Tier V M41 US SPG.

217 matches played.
301 kills
258,000 damage - 1188 damage/match

To put that in perspective, my Panther-2 is averaging 840 damage/match, at Tier 8.

I open up the game this morning, and see new patch notes, including:

QuoteRebalanced parameters of American SPGs and several SPGs of other tank trees.

Doh!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Shade on September 03, 2011, 09:02:12 AM
What is better if I were to pay gold for a tank. The KV-5 or spend 5,000 more gold and get the Lowe? I feel like the KV-5 is better because of the larger amount of Armour and the few more hp it has but I am no expert so I have no idea. What do you guys think?

What is better is to not spend gold for tanks.

0 rows returned

Slargos

The KV-5 is a nice tank, but I would say get the Löwe. You want a tank that hits hard when you get premiums since the more damage you dish out the more credits you get and the premium tanks get a credit bonus. More armour also means more opportunity for delivering presents down range, but frankly I prefer the more reliable cannon on the Löwe. Additionally, the KV-5 has some pretty massive weak spots on the front which nullify much of its advantage.

Shade

Quote from: Slargos on September 03, 2011, 09:25:27 AM

The KV-5 is a nice tank, but I would say get the Löwe. You want a tank that hits hard when you get premiums since the more damage you dish out the more credits you get and the premium tanks get a credit bonus. More armour also means more opportunity for delivering presents down range, but frankly I prefer the more reliable cannon on the Löwe. Additionally, the KV-5 has some pretty massive weak spots on the front which nullify much of its advantage.

ok thank you

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on September 03, 2011, 09:09:47 AM
SO I finished the Tier V M41 US SPG.

217 matches played.
301 kills
258,000 damage - 1188 damage/match

To put that in perspective, my Panther-2 is averaging 840 damage/match, at Tier 8.

I open up the game this morning, and see new patch notes, including:

QuoteRebalanced parameters of American SPGs and several SPGs of other tank trees.

Doh!

That's pretty similar to my numbers with the Hummel.

316 matches played.
361 kills
376,978 damage - 1193 damage/match

In comparison my GW Panther has:

221 matches played.
242 kills
369258 damage - 1671 damage/match

I think my play style has migrated away from going for kills and/or towards targeting the bigger heavies/TDs.

Berkut

Yep, I've totally switched to Slargos "more damage >> more kills" strategy, both in straight up and especially with artillery. I will actually switch targets away from a low HP left target to a "fresh" target, assuming one of the DF guys can finish off the nearly dead.

0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on September 03, 2011, 07:23:08 PM
Yep, I've totally switched to Slargos "more damage >> more kills" strategy, both in straight up and especially with artillery. I will actually switch targets away from a low HP left target to a "fresh" target, assuming one of the DF guys can finish off the nearly dead.

Yeah, it gets to the point that if there's a nearly dead light or medium it's annoying to have to waste a shell on them.

Crazy_Ivan80

I'm still trying to survive my matches. lol

Tamas

I know the Hetzer is a higher tier, but does it have the awesome firepower of the maxed out Marder gun? In other words, does it worth the credits?

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2011, 04:58:20 AM
I know the Hetzer is a higher tier, but does it have the awesome firepower of the maxed out Marder gun? In other words, does it worth the credits?

The Marder is a very special tank. The guy with the highest victory % on the Euro server plays the Marder exclusively, so for its tier it is obviously one of the most efficient tanks of the game.

I prefer the Hetzer, however, since it is the first german TD that can actually trade shots with the tanks it faces. The hetzer also has one of the best TD camo ratings of the game, AFAIK, so it's a great platform. My favourite tank of the game is the JagdPanther, and since the Hetzer is a stepping stone towards it, obviously my answer is going to be: Yes. It's worth it.