Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Gun strongly resembles a frog.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tamas

I understand SP guns are great for  breaking campfests but boy do I hate them. Even with the slightest chance of being spotted, I must move away from my awesome sniping positions with my Pzrjager. And it is slow, unturnable, and weak. It SCREAMS against moving, like, ever.

But it is so sweet to manual-aim some awesome long shots.

What can I say, I am a sniper at heart. ^_^

Berkut

After a long run in my VK3601H, I broke down and bought a Tiger I. I already had both guns and all three engines researched, and enough FXP to upgrade the turret immediately.

Wow. It is really, really slow. After playing the IS, that 29kmh top speed seems like it is just crawling. I could not imagine what it must be like to play that without the engine upgrades.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Next up for a new tank is my IS, nearly ready for the IS-3. That turret armor on the IS-3 is just plain ridiculous.

0 rows returned

Arvoreen

Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2011, 07:34:56 AM
Next up for a new tank is my IS, nearly ready for the IS-3. That turret armor on the IS-3 is just plain ridiculous.

Which I have found entirely annoying trying to take out with the Priest....for that matter, I'm always at the bottom with a ton of heavies.  I do lots of damage, but can never seem to get a kill, since my shots only manage to shave off ~10% at a time ... :mad:

Berkut

Quote from: Arvoreen on August 23, 2011, 08:23:11 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2011, 07:34:56 AM

Which I have found entirely annoying trying to take out with the Priest....for that matter, I'm always at the bottom with a ton of heavies.  I do lots of damage, but can never seem to get a kill, since my shots only manage to shave off ~10% at a time ... :mad:

Yeah, that is the Priest. Ridiculous rate of fire for a SPG, teeny, tiny damage.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2011, 07:30:55 AM
After a long run in my VK3601H, I broke down and bought a Tiger I. I already had both guns and all three engines researched, and enough FXP to upgrade the turret immediately.

Wow. It is really, really slow. After playing the IS, that 29kmh top speed seems like it is just crawling. I could not imagine what it must be like to play that without the engine upgrades.
Isn't IS limited to 33 kph?

frunk

That's the life of lower tier SPGs.  You can either target some of the lower tier mediums, the fast moving lights that you probably won't catch, or plink away at the heavies and upper tier mediums.

Some of the lower tier heavies can be good targets.  In particular the base KV.  Easy to hit, easy to kill, and good for your team to have taken out.  The T1 heavy is slightly more difficulty but also worthy of attention.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 08:26:25 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2011, 07:30:55 AM

Isn't IS limited to 33 kph?

Yep. Which is why it seems odd that the Tiger feels so slow - it really isn't much slower.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Tiger has atrocious acceleration which is probably why it feels so sluggish.

Stonewall

The IS-3 will frustrate you if you enjoyed the IS.  Until you get the BL-9 gun, you are somewhere between a medium and heavy tank.  Remember not to angle your armor.  IS-3 with the pike armor is best pointed straight at what is shooting you.  Angling is just gives them flat 90 degree spots to aim at.  You will be surprised at how easily you get penetrated.  It's a very different play style than the IS.  Once you get used to it, however, and get the gun upgrade, it's a ton of fun to play.

I am about 60k xp away from both the IS-4 and the E-75.  Not sure which one I will get first.  Can only truly afford one of them.  Credits have been hard to come by lately.  The Lowe just isn't as much fun as it used to be since I have my fully upgraded KT and not playing the ATM machine means my credits have been stuck at the 2.5m mark for about a week.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

Is it double artillery credit day today or something?

I just got 70000 credits in one battle with my M41.

0 rows returned

Berkut

So far the IS-3 has been a disaster. Complete and utter disaster. That same gun I kicked as with in the IS cannot hit anything. And when it does it bounces. And I keep getting blown up in just a couple shots.

0 rows returned

Tamas

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 25, 2011, 01:25:16 PM
So far the IS-3 has been a disaster. Complete and utter disaster. That same gun I kicked as with in the IS cannot hit anything. And when it does it bounces. And I keep getting blown up in just a couple shots.
Same here.  My stats are still pretty good, but that feeling of being an alpha male you get when driving an IS is completely gone.  In a moderately bad or worse match, I feel utterly useless.  I can't wait to get enough credits for BL-9 gun, which looks to be a huge improvement over the IS 122 mm gun.