News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Yeah, if you get hit by 3 direct shots from the arty, then you either need to learn how to play, or you need to fix your connection so that you don't AFK again.

frunk

I've managed to two shot people as arty, but nobody ever waited for three.

One guy sat there not doing anything trying to capture the flag while I shot him twice.  I think he went afk after parking, expecting to get an easy victory.

DGuller

Panzer III left on our team, Priest left on their team.  Panzer finds Priest, and carefully puts himself in front of his gun.  Luckily for us, while Priest aimed at him, Panzer fired point blank.  Unluckily, he missed.  More unluckily, Panzer drove even closer to the front of the Priest's gun while waiting to reload.  Priest didn't miss.  :ultra: 

How much skill do you need to know that any position directly in front of the enemy gun is a position best avoided?

DGuller

I just realized that when you play arty, you actually want matchmaker to put you at the bottom of the list.  You've got less light tanks to worry about, and more potential to earn experience by repeatedly dinging the tanks.

Berkut

A good matchup when playing arty is as many heavies as possible, and the most important thing is that there only be 1 arty on each team.

Those matches where there are 3 or 4, nobody ever stops moving.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on August 17, 2011, 09:09:41 PM
A good matchup when playing arty is as many heavies as possible, and the most important thing is that there only be 1 arty on each team.

Those matches where there are 3 or 4, nobody ever stops moving.

And if anybody does there will be 3 or 4 shells that land within 2 seconds.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Berkut

They didn't exactly invent the hot chick at the video game booth.

That is just weird though. It is so over the top pathetic, it is kind of embarrassing that it actually works.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 18, 2011, 07:46:45 AM
They didn't exactly invent the hot chick at the video game booth.

That is just weird though. It is so over the top pathetic, it is kind of embarrassing that it actually works.

Booth babe is one thing. The embarrassed dancing is a true shark jumping moment.

Slargos

I just had a hilarious game on campinovka in my Ferdi.

Positioned for a base defense and got lucky with a skilled scout. Ended up with 8 one-shot kills in a row without a single miss or bounce. Every time I fired it was either a tank with low enough HP that I'd kill it outright, or it was damaged, or someone fired a moment before me so that my shell landed for the kill.  :D

People were screaming about cheating and that they were going to report me.

Reaper, Wittman and Top Gun. Only 1500 XP though.

What really pisses me off at a time like this is that I get careless during the blood lust. I entered their base after going across the field under fire assuming that the 5 tanks left would all be shit scared and that the flanking attack would divert their attention enough. It didn't, and I got fragged by a goddamned Løwe and a T-44 who were shooting me from two entirely different directions so I ended up with no way to cover or angle to defend.

Berkut

I have it on good authority that the Lowe sucks though. Can't imagine how one killed you.

There is some good stuff in the wiki about using shrubs for cover. Have you read that?

0 rows returned

DGuller

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 18, 2011, 01:15:15 PM
I have it on good authority that the Lowe sucks though. Can't imagine how one killed you.

There is some good stuff in the wiki about using shrubs for cover. Have you read that?

:lol:

Do you ever flip off the raging-cunt switch?  :hmm:

DGuller

Berkut without rage is like salt without saltiness.