News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I was playing arty, can't exactly defend the flank with it.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2011, 09:16:13 PM
I was playing arty, can't exactly defend the flank with it.

[Berkut]Why were you playing Arty, then?[Berkut]

DGuller

WTF, those fucking light tanks make arty unplayable.  :ultra:

frunk

The A-20 and the T-54 are my least favorite tanks to go up against.  Dealing with them teaches you the skills of keeping an eye out for the rushers, hitting a fast moving target from god mode, sitting in unpredictable spots, and praying for a good screen.

Slargos

Quote from: frunk on August 16, 2011, 10:22:33 PM
The A-20 and the T-54 are my least favorite tanks to go up against.  Dealing with them teaches you the skills of keeping an eye out for the rushers, hitting a fast moving target from god mode, sitting in unpredictable spots, and praying for a good screen.

I assume you mean the T20? The A-20 certainly isn't a threat to SPGs unless your team is REALLY slack about protecting the arty.

The T-54 though, that is a fucking pain in the ass. I will rather face any tank but that one. Seems to bounce everything regardless of where you hit it, and frontally? Forget about it. The lower glacis is so small and angled that it's all but impossible to aim for it when he's maneuvering and the only way to penetrate one is if the driver is really bad or he's gotten tracked.

It's like attempting to kill a wasp with an arquebus. Almost quite literally, in that the best way to slow him down is to ram him.  :mad:

I once faced 3 T-54s in a dedicated wolfpack. I didn't get a single shot off in my Panther before I was dead. Shoot on the fly and ram-kill. Fucking assholes.

frunk

Quote from: Slargos on August 17, 2011, 06:58:54 AM
Quote from: frunk on August 16, 2011, 10:22:33 PM

I assume you mean the T20? The A-20 certainly isn't a threat to SPGs unless your team is REALLY slack about protecting the arty.

The T-54 though, that is a fucking pain in the ass. I will rather face any tank but that one. Seems to bounce everything regardless of where you hit it, and frontally? Forget about it. The lower glacis is so small and angled that it's all but impossible to aim for it when he's maneuvering and the only way to penetrate one is if the driver is really bad or he's gotten tracked.

It's like attempting to kill a wasp with an arquebus. Almost quite literally, in that the best way to slow him down is to ram him.  :mad:

I once faced 3 T-54s in a dedicated wolfpack. I didn't get a single shot off in my Panther before I was dead. Shoot on the fly and ram-kill. Fucking assholes.

I meant the A-20.  You do hit teams that are that slack or an A-20 driver that is good at popping up at the wrong moment, and it sucks being on the run because of such a small menace.

The T-20 is annoying but is slower than the A-20 and easier to kill than the T-54.

Slargos

Le Sigh. Himmelsdorf. Having a great session with the Ferdi kicking the crap out of the enemy across the park despite being harrassed by their arty.

6 Tier7+ tanks left to knock around for XP yet the fuckers decide to cap early. 1000xp already before I've even had time to start playing with the big pinatas. Goddamned cock suckers.  :mad:

Berkut

This game needs a new game type.

"Historical" sides, where everyone on one side has the same nationality. Then, remove the red/green outlines from targets. Would make for some awesome friendly fire fun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 17, 2011, 09:53:52 AM

"Historical" sides, where everyone on one side has the same nationality. Then, remove the red/green outlines from targets. Would make for some awesome friendly fire fun.

Historical is purportedly on the way. I'd love to see a gametype where you'd actualy have to manually acquire targets though.

It seems the commies have an intense hatred of other gametypes though, so probably not this year.

Stonewall

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 04:09:27 PM
I think I've got a decent cred generation scheme now. I have my M41, which is good for ~20k per match, and I am almost done getting into the M4, which is supposed to be a cred farming machine as well.

The M4 with the 105mm HE gun is a credit farmer.  Ammo costs are negligible as is the repair bill.  The easy8 is a credit farmer as well.  Low repair costs combined with almost non-existent ammo costs = profit.  KV and KV3 with the 107mm gun are a credit farming machines as well.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Stonewall

Quote from: Berkut on August 17, 2011, 09:53:52 AM

Is you look at the WoT forums, there is a section devoted to historical replays.  They usually play on Sunday afternoons and require "historically accurate tanks/setups" in an effort to recreate some WW2 matchups.  For example, 2 weeks ago I played in one with my Pz4 and the 75L43.  There were 3 Pz4's, 5 Pz3 with the 50L60 guns and a couple Stugs versus 4 M3 Lee, 7 M4 Sherman with the stock 75mm gun, a Wolverine and an M7 Priest.  We played 5 matches on the Sand River map in a training room.  Was a lot of fun.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

Quote from: Stonewall on August 17, 2011, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 04:09:27 PM
I think I've got a decent cred generation scheme now. I have my M41, which is good for ~20k per match, and I am almost done getting into the M4, which is supposed to be a cred farming machine as well.

The M4 with the 105mm HE gun is a credit farmer.  Ammo costs are negligible as is the repair bill.  The easy8 is a credit farmer as well.  Low repair costs combined with almost non-existent ammo costs = profit.  KV and KV3 with the 107mm gun are a credit farming machines as well.

Is the cost of the ammo for the M1A1 gun enough to matter?

I really like the better ROF and accuracy on it. Seems like I miss a lot with the 105, even at pretty close range.

Agree on the KV though - it has my largest number of matches played, and that probably won't change. I don't like its play style though. So freaking slow...it is kind of ridiculous when you are high tier though. Just drive around one shotting everything.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

So, that was funny.  Do you think people get pissed off when they get direct-fire killed by artillery?  The guy exchanged three rounds with me while I was rolling up a hill in my shitty Soviet SPG.  He misses.  I hit.  He misses again.  I hit.  He dings my tracks, knocking off a decent chunk of my paltry HPs.  I hit again and he goes 'splode.

Then the Hetzer next to him comes into my sights and has the same thing happen.  El oh el?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Being killed by direct fire from the arty is certainly one of the more embarassing ways to go.

Berkut

Yeah, you should be a little embarassed. It does happen. Although I don't think I've ever been killed by arty that took 3 shots to do it, that is just sad.

I mean really, just turn a bit.

0 rows returned