News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 13, 2011, 09:23:40 PM
Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  I took my Tiger out just to get that 5x promotion, and got a Top Gun in my first day's battle, netting 8,820 XP.  Is that what you were complaining about?  :)

:cry:

Slargos

Well. I'm having a fucking terrific morning.

10 battles, 1 victory, 3050 XP.

Slargos

I have an uncanny ability to pick the non-lemming side and get raped.

Prohorovka: I move east from a southern start position. 11 tanks move west and...promptly park in the bottom left corner. Rage. So much rage.

Slargos

Finally!! 9330 in the Tiger II.  :cool:

Berkut

Wow, the difference between the M7 Priest and the M41 is incredible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2011, 11:42:23 AM

I'll pretend you did not just say that, you prick.  <_<

frunk

Tier 5 and Tier 6 appears to be the sweet spot for Arty.  T7 and T8's rof drops enough that I'm not sure it'll be particularly fun.

Just got my GW Panther over the weekend, and I'll be upgrading the gun soon.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 15, 2011, 11:47:43 AM

My first tank ever with a kill/match ratio > 1.0 is the M41. It also makes cash like crazy.

0 rows returned

Arvoreen

Alas...I'm not even through the 'M37' to be able to GET the M7 priest yet....I have to say that progression in the SPG line is god awful slow :yuk:

Berkut

Speeds up immensely with the M41. I bet I get the 100k+ XP needed in it faster than I got the 41k needed to get he M41 from the M7.

When you hit something now, it actually damages it!

0 rows returned

Arvoreen

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 10:45:54 AM
Speeds up immensely with the M41. I bet I get the 100k+ XP needed in it faster than I got the 41k needed to get he M41 from the M7.

When you hit something now, it actually damages it!
At the rate I get XP (and probably because I'm too cheap to buy premium), you might your 100k+ XP before I managed the last 4K I need to get into the M7  :P

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 08:25:03 AM
Quote from: Slargos on August 15, 2011, 11:47:43 AM

My first tank ever with a kill/match ratio > 1.0 is the M41. It also makes cash like crazy.

Slargos

Man, Tier 8 is where the grind really starts to hurt.

Getting E-75 is 160k.

Then there's a minium of 270k to the E-100 which doesn't include tracks and engine (another 70k)

At my rate of XP-acquisition (and counting what I've already amassed), and given that tracks and engine are probably must-haves for the E-75 before beginning the E-100 grind, that's about 600 games not counting daily doubles. :bleeding:

I can only hope for a higher average for the E-75 than for the KT, which is expected given higher DPS but far from given since as usual opposition will be stiffer. Though perhaps the lack of tier 10 in random games will mean that I am top dog more often.

Still.

:bleeding:

Slargos

Ho hum. I just cleaned out my depot. Figured rather than looking through it to find what I might want to keep (IE modules for stuff like Sherman that I might want to go back to, or things I will end up using later on in the tree) I'd just sell all unused modules and pay a premium on replacing modules as it becomes relevant.

End result?

1.65 million credits.  :D

DGuller

I finally graduated from the IS tank, after almost 200 battles, with an average kill per match of well above 1.  Unfortunatley, I forgot to check the price of IS-3 before selling IS, so now I'm short on Soviet heavy tanks while I'm trying to earn enough credits.  Unfortunately, my garage has been rather clean already, so garage sale yielded only limited results.